• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello from Lake Monticello, VA!

hurler23

Hello and thanks for this site. Not new to the sport but after a nearly 15 year hiatus I'm back! After moving from WI to VA a little more than 5 years ago, I took my kids to the local (and new) dg course to introduce them to the sport. Thanks to that fortuitous event only 2 weeks ago I am again hooked on a sport I once obsessed over!
I look forward to exploring this site and sharing my experiences!

Hello and thanks for this site. Not new to the sport but after a nearly 15 year hiatus I'm back! After moving from WI to VA a little more than 5 years ago, I took my kids to the local (and new) dg course to introduce them to the sport. Thanks to that fortuitous event only 2 weeks ago I am again hooked on a sport I once obsessed over!
I look forward to exploring this site and sharing my experiences!
Welcome. What age are your kids?

Last edited:
Welcome! You are near Charlottesville, yes?

What courses do you like to play in your area?

Those are fun ages if you can get the kids to tag along. When my kids were 10-7 until they were 14-11 we played every week; we had a 9-hole course with a playground by hole 4 and a creek by hole 7. Play three holes/playground break/play four holes/jump in the creek/play two holes. It was a lot of fun. The older one took it somewhat seriously and still plays; the younger one is a drummer. :\ Can't win 'em all...

Welcome! You are near Charlottesville, yes?

What courses do you like to play in your area?

Thanks! Right now I'm just playing Pleasant Grove. Just getting my "form" back. And it is a really nice course. Plan on branching out to Walnut Creek and others in the area. Doesn't seem like too many within short drive. Certainly looking for suggestions!

When the weather gets warmer Meadowbrook Gardens in Charlottesville has a creek that runs throughout the course and your kids can enjoy playing around in it if they want a break from disc golf.

Latest posts