• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me build my bag.

whats the need for 3 putter molds?

mids are alright. might be some overlap in buzz, axis and truth.

tl, and fd and witness overlap.

i dont throw anything above speed 9 so i dont feel qualified to comment on those.

Ya, I've struggled with this. The Jokeri is my main putter, and OS upshot disc, the Judge, is my best approach disc, and the warden is my best turnover approach disc. I use these to drive a lot. Usually anything under 300' the putters come out.

The TL3 and FD, I have noticed, basically do the same thing, but I can't forehand the FD very well, the TL3 I can, I've noticed as my TL3 breaks in, it has that little but of turn the FD has. I really like them both. Hard choice,

The mids I'm still feeling out as well. The Axis goes dead straight, the Buzzz has just a little bit of fade, and the Truth has a little bit more fade. Eventually I could see just having one, but I need to spend a lot of time on them.

Thanks for the input. I really want to get a solid set up so I can get really really good with just a handful of discs.

I'd say most of the discs I have bagged are situational.
I throw the Jokeri, Judge, Truth, TL3, Witmess, Archon, and Bolt for max D, everything else is situational.

I'd say most of the discs I have bagged are situational.
I throw the Jokeri, Judge, Truth, TL3, Witmess, Archon, and Bolt for max D, everything else is situational.

situational is the word i used to justify the discs I couldnt bring myself to pull out of the bag. onces I stopped that, I cut learned more about my discs, got more comfortable with them, learned to carve lines and drop strokes.

^^eric if your sig is your bag you could drop more by choosing ion or qiz. cycle kc rocs so you can drop the shark 3. drop sidewinder and cycle valks. drop stag (worthless tweener). drop river or leopard.

^^eric if your sig is your bag you could drop more by choosing ion or qiz. cycle kc rocs so you can drop the shark 3. drop sidewinder and cycle valks. drop stag (worthless tweener). drop river or leopard.

its not 100% my bag right now, no. I agree completely. I am cycling Rocs, but while I do that, the Tursas is my US mid. The shark3 I have in the bag because bright and easy to see in the woods where I dont want to throw my Roc. My Pro Valk is also being beatin on, but while that happens the SW is my turnover driver. My leopard is very US, and while my river has some turn, I only bag one or the other, depending on what course Im playing that day. My stag is pretty OS so thats my hyzer disc... for now. Im more-so auditioning that disc - only had it a short while.

My ion is my driving putter. my 2 wizards are my putting putters. I do not drive with my putting putters.

*For putters, keep your putting putters just for putting. Having others for drives and approaches is fine.

Putters:
Jokeris
Judges
Wardens

Mids:
Hornet
Choose between Truth, Buzzz and Axis
Flying Squirrel

Fairways:
Witness
Choose FD or TL3
F1

Drivers:
Thunderbird
Mamba
Choose between Renegade, Trespass and Archon
Bolt

Down to 13 molds. Have you read this yet? Start there, and work your way up. Should help in cutting down on molds.

*For putters, keep your putting putters just for putting. Having others for drives and approaches is fine.

Putters:
Jokeris
Judges
Wardens

Mids:
Hornet
Choose between Truth, Buzzz and Axis
Flying Squirrel

Fairways:
Witness
Choose FD or TL3
F1

Drivers:
Thunderbird
Mamba
Choose between Renegade, Trespass and Archon
Bolt

Down to 13 molds. Have you read this yet? Start there, and work your way up. Should help in cutting down on molds.

Awesome, thank you. That helps a lot.

nice kev.

eric if your reading still, i completely feel you ive been there before.

and sf- yeah that link will help a lot. basically most peoples bags are always work in progress. dont ever be afraid to try new discs. thats half the fun of dg anyways. gotta figure out what works for you.

nice kev.

eric if your reading still, i completely feel you ive been there before.

and sf- yeah that link will help a lot. basically most peoples bags are always work in progress. dont ever be afraid to try new discs. thats half the fun of dg anyways. gotta figure out what works for you.

True, I imagine it will be something I continue to change as I get better. I can throw 420+ but a very OS disc I'm lucky to get 300' my annys need a lot of work. That's where I can see limiting discs. Right now I bag a witness, but expect someday I can flip a TL3 just fine, and won't need it anymore. Stuff like that.

True, I imagine it will be something I continue to change as I get better. I can throw 420+ but a very OS disc I'm lucky to get 300' my annys need a lot of work. That's where I can see limiting discs. Right now I bag a witness, but expect someday I can flip a TL3 just fine, and won't need it anymore. Stuff like that.

youll figure it out eventually it wont be an overnight thing. so while you can enjoy all the molds you have. one thing that happened to me was if i would lose a disc sometimes it was hard to replace (innova inconsistency especially) or i just wouldnt miss it so i would drop the mold all together.

this is pretty much what needs to be realized. when someone like you or i builds a bag, with all new, and relatively new discs, its tough to minimize molds and still cover your needed shots. For example my drivers were as such: Sidewinder, Amp, Valkyrie, Valkyrie, Stag (Teebird3 initially). Both valkyries were new (pro and star). The amp had some turn that I wanted to work the valkyrie in to. And the SW was fairly US. After the summer I was able to bump the amp and cover that slot with the Pro Valk when thrown flat. Eventually Ill be able to bump the SW and use the valk thrown flat to cover really US shots, a little hyzer angle to cover the amp-like lines, and hyzer flip the piss out of it for straight lines. The star valkyrie is holding its stability perfectly. Tight S lines, annys that will come back some. By next year I'll probably have 2 molds for drivers, 4-5 discs in total. I may hang on the SW still and continue beating on it and it will be a US utility, FH hyzer flips and rollers are pretty useful at my courses.

whats made things difficult for me, is not throwing anything over a 9 speed (depending on the course or day ill add a 10 in there. I just dont have the technique yet to get the benefit of high speed 11-13 discs unfortunately. Whats difficult is there really isnt a huge jump from fairways from DD for me. Teebird: 7, Volt: 8-9, Resistor: 7. So my valks are only 2 speed ratings higher so distance and flight wise, there are probably options that of fairways that I could chose, like the river, to replace my DD slots. Which is something I did, until I started working on form and I'm getting my valks out farther now. Like said above, its not an overnight thing. Work on it and you'll get it eventually. Everyones bags change. nothing is set in stone forever.