• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me build my bag.

lol great, so theres your US driver, stable FW and maybe US FW lol

Yes the Saint and TL3 are staying for sure. But I also really love the FD.

I like the Tern, but also really like the Daedakus, Archon, mamba, and Remegade.

You see my dilemmas.

Like I said earlier. I realized this post is kinda silly. I need to do field work.

Sorry I missed this.

I have ALOT of discs. My TOP discs
PUTTERS: Have one for driving, one for putts only. Whatever feels right in the hand for you
Mids:

Truth or Atlas
Hornet
Fuse or Flying Squirrel
FAIRWAYS:
TL3
Ascent
Saint Pro
DRIVERS: (over 30)
Sidewinder
Saint
Thunderbird

i dont bag anything over speed 9 so im not really qualified to help on drivers.

that should set you up with a good os, n, us for each category. maybe grab a champ fb for utility and crazy wind.

i dont bag anything over speed 9 so im not really qualified to help on drivers.

that should set you up with a good os, n, us for each category. maybe grab a champ fb for utility and crazy wind.

Im doing the same thing right now. 9's and below.
But I feel I could let go some of those, and I still have room for faster discs. I can fit 35 discs in my bag easy, so it's not really an issue of space, just wanting to have my core. I see all you guys with your discs in the signatures, if I did that is have 30+ discs in there, lol.
As far as a FB goes, I have a Felon, Enforcer, Saint Pro, and Scythe, all fill that spot pretty good.

Last edited:
another thing to do is figure out what core discs you like. throw a few rounds with only those and add discs as needed. you will also figure out quickly what discs you are missing while on the course. or notice which ones never get thrown.

I too am in the same boat - 9s and below. I make my 9s my distance drivers (valkyrie or saint, whichever I feel like bagging that day) I carry three. A fresh pro, a seasoned star, and max weight G Star. I carry either an amp for turnovers and annys that hold. and i carry a sidewinder that I can hyzer flip or throw flat and it turns over and never comes back. Im working that in to a roller. Got a TB3 for OS duties. Ill be sampling a Stag tomorrow. and a predator for utility shtuff. FWs are where i keep flopping things around though. I finally got my mid slots set up! Zone, KCP Roc, X Comet and tursas. This is until I season that roc in to a straight flier and i bag a new one. Nothing yet feels better to me than a KCP Roc.

Oops, sorry. this isny my bag thread lol

I have tried to build a bag modeled after Ken Climo's set-up: 4 Aviars, 4 Rocs, 4 TeeBirds, 4 Wraiths, plus some extras to fill in the gaps. So for me it would be several each of Voodoo, Buzzz, undecided, PD, and a few max distance, 2 each of Nuke and Crank. I LOVE fairways right now and can't make up my mind.

But since I started testing fairways, I just keep all my "go-tos" on one side of the divider, and all my testers on the other side, and see what I gravitate towards. Field testing helps, but there is a lot of overlap, for example, Thunderbird/PD/Saint Pro, are all roughly speed 9 ovestable, so in the end, whatever you reach for repeatedly, pull the trigger and put the rest up in the marketplace.

Based on what you listed, here's a sample you might try out:

Putt & Approach:
2 Judges
2 Jokeri

Mids:
Truth (have 3-4 of these at different levels of wear)
Suspect (these are great bc you can get Fuzion, Lucid, Classic, Soft, and Blend for different flights. Get more!)
Drone (really beefy, for headwinds and tight corners)

Fairway:
Saint Pro (more OS)
FD/Leopard (pick one and pull the trigger!)
Witness (annys? hyzer-flips? something more US)

Drivers:
Thunderbird (but only because that thing is MONEY)
Wraith (stable to understable, get multiples)
Nuke (for MAX distance, they range from slightly overstable to understable)

Dude, you have a LOT of drivers, but no backups/multiples? The driver is the most finicky, you really owe it to yourself to choose one and get multiples, you will really learn that disc more intimately if you throw it exclusively.

I see something in common with all of your distance drivers: they all have really cool names. Don't buy into the hype. Feldberg throws a lot of distance drivers, but not 30 different molds. He KNOWS all of his discs, and yet if he loses one, he could grab another out of the warehouse and not lose a beat.

Just my two cents, plus interest.

Something else you might want to consider is how the discs in each category feel in your hand. Like MonkeyShine, I too have tried to do as Klimo and some other pros and narrow down molds. After a lot of field work and practice rounds, I have found that I like the consistency in my hand of beaded mids and putters, so, all my putters and mids now have a similar feel in the hand. This goes for plastic too, I want them to all grip about the same. I don't have rain day, cold day, hot day discs, I have discs I use all season, so there is no guessing when I make my selection of what to throw.

I've also discovered that I don't care for any discs upto drivers with -1 HST, I'm most consistent with stable to over-stable discs.

Drivers are another story, still working on those, but, I carry 3 Valkyries from beat to beef and 2 Wraiths.

Ultimately, this is a game of consistency. Might as well start out with the initial contact consistency, your hands.

So, with that all that, here's my recommendation. Pick 3 discs from each category, box all the rest up and drive them to a relatives house that you don't like and store them in their attic so you won't be tempted with the "what if I threw this disc on this shot instead crap" and really learn those discs. After a month, if you don't like one of each category, visit that annoying relative and pick one of each and repeat.

Yes, good points. The plan was to figure out which drivers I like best, and get multiples of those. I have 3 Archons, but now prefer the Renegade. It's brutal.

It's raining today so I couldn't go throw, but I did do some putting with my home basket. Trying to rule out some putters, so the setup I'm looking at now. That I'm going to try to stick with will be.

Premium Jokeri x 2
Classic Blend Judge
Classic Warden

Truth
Atlas
Hornet
Flying Squirrel

FD
Fuzion Witness - (very understable)
Lucid Witness - (want to beat into Fuzion status)
TL3
Saint Pro

Sidewinder
Saint
Thunderbird
Felon

Renegade
Enforcer

My drivers, I still need to do some feild work. But these are my favorite 2, if I were to add a 3rd it would be probably the Lace.

Ultimately I need to do field work.
I have had fantastic shots with the Tern, Mamba, Scythe, Wraith, Daedalus, still haven't thrown my Bolt.
I think the Nuke SS is out, I can flip a Lace better and Farther, same with the Nuke, I'd take a Trespass, or Wraith over it.

Actually, I think I'll stop at the Felon for now. I need to practice with higher speeds. Most of my 9 speeds go just as far as my drivers, except the Lace, but it's not very often I need the 500' I'll get from it. I throw my TL3 420' and a Truth 360' so, I'm going to club down for now.

When I went out with nothing but Mids and Putters, I realized I was using discs completely wrong. Throwing drivers, when I should be throwing mids, and throwing mids when I should be throwing putters.

I agree with what one of you said about the -1 thing. Save the Flying Squirrel, love that disc. But I was on the verge of bagging the Summit again, but the Warden will flip just fine, and be more consistent.

I also decided I don't like the Lucid Judge, for both putting and upshots the Classic blend Judge works better for me.

Ok, I've narrowed it down to 19 molds. Bagging multiples.
See if there's anything I could/should change.

2 Jokeris
2 Judges
2 Wardens
Hornet (almost took Drone, or suspect in this slot, still might)
Truth
Buzz
Axis
Flying Squirrel
2 FD's
2 Witnesses
2 TL3 - (have considered only bagging TL3, and no FD's)
F1 - (utility, have 2 only bagging 1)
Thunderbird
Mamba
2 Archons
2 Renegades - (could probably survive with just Archons, but like then both)
Tresspass
Bolt
Nuke SS - (only bagging SS until I can get another Bolt)
Lace - (really only keeping this one so I don't trash my Bolt on rocky fairways.

I'm still working some discs, I'm having the hardest time with an OS, utility disc.
This is after hours and hours of field work. I've thought about only bagging Wardens, and not Judges, but I really do see needing both, Judges for very accurate upshots, and Wardens for very accurate turnover upshots, Archons, and Renegades, almost the same disc, but there just a little different, enough that I want to bag both for now. Anyway. That's the updated roster. What changes would you make?

whats the need for 3 putter molds?

mids are alright. might be some overlap in buzz, axis and truth.

tl, and fd and witness overlap.

i dont throw anything above speed 9 so i dont feel qualified to comment on those.