• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me build my bag.

Squirrilah Fish

Birdie Member
I appreciate all the help, I know I have a lot of threads going somewhat on this topic. And I know that this is different with everyone. I've been putting a lot of time into putting less discs in my bag, but even going what I feel is "bare bones" leaving out some discs I really like, I'm still at 25-30 discs.

So I'm asking, what should my general set up be by type. Example:

1 approach putter
1 putting putter
1 OS mid
1 straight mid
1 US mid
1 OS fairway
2 stable fairy
1 Understable fairway
1 OS driver
1 US driver
1 utility disc.

That's twelve discs, I have over 50 to choose from, what would be the most basic setup, that would cover me on every shot?

I can throw 8/9's 400+. But I really like some of my faster discs. They don't go any further, accept maybe the Lace. But the flight is way different.

I went out with only putters and mids, and did great, surprisingly great. Should I carry more mids and approaches, not worry about drivers. I have a few setups in mind for practice, for this thread, basically in trying to develop my "core" and then evolve around that.
I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to be the guy who carries 30 discs, between 12-15 molds, or carry 30 discs all different molds.

I carry 8 mids for example, and I feel like I need them all, but I know I probably don't. I tried limiting my OS distance driver to one, out if four that I really like, and want to bag all 4. I need help. I know this is a weird way to do it, but what would be the most basic setups.

If you could put speeds that would help.

Example: 1 OS fairway (7-9)
1 US driver (8-13) etc.

If you had someone who said: I don't have any discs, and I want to get a small setup with just 1 of every type of disc I'll ever need, what would you say?

Thanks, I know this is weird.

Id start by taking your discs out to a field and throwing them. Seperate them by category and see which ones you like best for each category.
I could tell you a leopard for your understable fairway, but maybe you dont/wont like the leopard for any various reason, where others may love it.

Ya, I've done this, a lot. Lol. I like the Leopard, but prefer the FD/Witness, but I bag all 4 I have 2 Witnesses, ones really flippy, the others not.
My problem is that I really like a lot of discs. But for different reasons. I know I could get away with one discs, and learn to throw it, shape it to act like the others. But making that choice.
You know, forget this post, I'm going to go spend a long time in the field tomorrow.

Ya, I've done this, a lot. Lol. I like the Leopard, but prefer the FD/Witness, but I bag all 4 I have 2 Witnesses, ones really flippy, the others not.
My problem is that I really like a lot of discs. But for different reasons. I know I could get away with one discs, and learn to throw it, shape it to act like the others. But making that choice.
You know, forget this post, I'm going to go spend a long time in the field tomorrow.

HAHAHA Im in the same boat brother. I know I could have my bag complete with 6 discs but what 1) whats the fun in that and 2) my mind is poisoned to believe that I need more discs and 3) im indecisive

I think this flutuates depending on what kind of shots you throw and how you achieve certain lines for example I have this;
2 OS Putters
2 Stable putters
2 OS Mids
2 Stable mids
1 Stable Fairway
1 US Control Driver
2 OS Control Drivers
1 US DD
1 Stable DD
2 OS DD
1 Very OS DD

But I think a more normal bag would be one US one stable one OS in each catagory

I think this flutuates depending on what kind of shots you throw and how you achieve certain lines for example I have this;
2 OS Putters
2 Stable putters
2 OS Mids
2 Stable mids
1 Stable Fairway
1 US Control Driver
2 OS Control Drivers
1 US DD
1 Stable DD
2 OS DD
1 Very OS DD

But I think a more normal bag would be one US one stable one OS in each catagory

just for clarification, are we talking 1 US and 1 OS mean one DISC? Or one mold.

its up to you. if you wanna cycle or grab one off the shelf that will fly the same. i cycle everything expect my mids.

most people i play with cycle

but grabbing one off the shelf and having it fly the same is always nice

my decisiveness: I prefer the IDEA of one mold, different wears, plastics, whathaveyou. But I keep finding these random discs in my bag of other molds and I swear I have no idea who put them there.

just for clarification, are we talking 1 US and 1 OS mean one DISC? Or one mold.

That is physical discs, I have backups of everything but I don't carry that many.

I carry 8 discs at a time when I play. Usually they are the same set basic set up, but sometimes I change it up.

Usually it's
1 OS FW (XXX)
1 US FW (This one keeps changing. My old Stalker fit this, but I lost it, new one is Ti and very stable)
1 Stable FW (Stalker)
1 OS Mid (Verdict)
1 US Mid (Tangent?)
1 Stable Mid (Alias)
1 Envy
1 distance driver of some neutral to slightly US variety. Right now Inertia, sometimes Flow.

I change up just about every mold but keep the same set up except the US fairway sometimes doesn't stay in the bag in place of another stable FW. I will also switch out discs depending on the course I play. Sometimes the XXX is overkill and the Verdict is my only OS disc I carry. The good thing it's done is taken away my choices for multiple discs to make the same shot. I only choose based on if I need mid, fairway or driver.

Then I throw my Envy anyway.

Im gonna pack up my bag and discs, and a 6pk, and mail it one of you more rational people who can put a bag together thats not full of nonsensical hooplah, overlap and indecisiveness, and send it back looking all fresh and sheeit. I make progress, get my bag just about there, and then more of those mysterious discs find their way back in my bag some how.

if op would just tell us what discs op has, we could pick a good set up out

OP you there? were waiting. we want to help you OP. OP let us help you help yourself.

Just so you're aware, there is a thread stickied under Bag Suggestions and Feedback which talks about how to build a bag.

2 OS Putters
2 Stable putters
2 OS Mids
2 Stable mids
1 Stable Fairway
1 US Control Driver
2 OS Control Drivers
1 US DD
1 Stable DD
2 OS DD
1 Very OS DD

This actually helps a lot.

if op would just tell us what discs op has, we could pick a good set up out

Sorry I missed this.

I have ALOT of discs. My TOP discs
PUTTERS: Jokeri x 2
Judge x 2
Ion
Summit
Warden
Touch
Mids: Truth
Atlas
Hornet
Drone
Suspect
Fuse
Flying Squirrel
M5
FAIRWAYS:
Leopard
FD
Witness
TL3
Vein
Ascent
Saint Pro
DRIVERS: (over 30)
Sidewinder
Saint
Thunderbird
Felon
Mamba
Archon
Renegade
Krait
Wraith
Teerex
Tern
Trespass
Scythe
Enforcer
Daedalus
Bolt
Nuke SS
Nuke
Lace
Missilen

Right now I usually bag all my putters, mids, and fairways, and then pick and choose drivers, I have a few other putters, that I have already taken out.

Dart
Magnet
Soft Magnet

What plastics are the tern and the tl3 and saint. If dont like or end up using those let me know.