• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

High School Disc Golf Teams

im an assistant coach for my buddys DG team at the High School he teachs at. He just took over last year and we are in the process of setting up a schedule with the other area HS DG teams. ADs are prolly the first people i would talk too. more likely it would start off as a club thing and as interest increases you could get a club team status (what we have) so you get extra money and buses. im not really sure how it got started around here as when my friend and i got invloved there were already school clubs for DG, we are trying to take it to the next level.

O. D. Wyatt in Ft. Worth has a team. JohnnyFats helps run them, I think.

Yes, we do have a club team with about 15 members here in the inner-city of Fort Worth. We have a core group of about six teachers that help play the courses with them. We are really lucky because there is a course and driving range, five minutes away from the school.

On Tuesdays we work on mechanics at the school and then on Fridays we hit one of the many courses here in DFW. Before the budget setbacks we were set to receive full funding, that of course fell through. We had a fundraiser tournament and we were able to get practice basket for the school and a driver, mid and putter for each of the students. We had a juniors division for the tourney and had a decent turn out.

The students started throwing in the 100's and some are now shooting in the 60's and 70's. A lot of the students and their parents are committed to continue playing throughout the summer. We are currently in the works of finding sponsors so the students can enter into Rec division of some of the local tournaments.

i think that they should make it a IHSA (Illinois High School Association) sport.. because they have made fishing a sport.. disc golf is just as much of a sport as that..

Good luck with that. As long as finances in this state are next to bankrupt I can't help but to be skeptical of this happening anywhere but maybe Chicagoland. It would be sweet though.

My son had disc golf in 7-8th grade phy-ed and in High school sports class. Since more and more schools are starting quidditch teams I think they can find room for Disc Golf teams.

Good luck with that. As long as finances in this state are next to bankrupt I can't help but to be skeptical of this happening anywhere but maybe Chicagoland. It would be sweet though.

it would be nice.. i would like to try and get a college scholarship..

it would be nice.. i would like to try and get a college scholarship..

i almost thought you were serious for amount. maybe our grand kids will have that luxury but it will more likely be their kids that do.

Latest posts