• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 01/29/2013: Hole #6 @ Parma DGC in Parma, NY

dusty5150

Double Eagle Member
Welcome to Parma DGC in Parma, NY, today we`ll be playing hole #6.

This one of the Am Worlds courses from 2011 ... enjoy!

Course rating: 4.30 (28 reviews)

Red tee - 300 ft (par 3)
Blue tee - 333 ft (par 3)

Tee (look like the Blue as you can see the Red to the right on the path?):
0ea994d7.jpg

Approach:
1a97a077.jpg

Basket:
1d5e4950.jpg

Basket to tee:
22506c71.jpg

Attachments

• 68d2f92f.gif
    68d2f92f.gif
    128.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I can't tell from the pictures really where the fairway and lines are at.

Blue tee maybe a Z Tracker up the path and hyzer back towards the basket
Red tee might be a straighter shot, so I'll go with a DX Gaxelle.
Eraser Wizard for the up(s) & putt(s).

Right hand side has OB path with many trees to navigate. Low ceiling. Big skip required to get her close to the basket.

Blue - Beat CE TL thrown towards the bench, will flip towards the basket.

Red - TeeBird thrown low for a bit of a skip.

Scored a birdie with the Wizard from the Blue's @ the Worlds. :thmbup:

Blue: Eagle X through the gap on the right.
Red: DX Roc on a hyzer.

The creek and beyond to the left are OB. If you're a lefty or RHFH it's more direct but more dangerous to go that way. It winds right into the fairway practically, so RHBH can be dangerous too if you let it fade too much. Skips and rolls into the creek are common.

I go for the obvious RHBH gap just to the right with something flippy on a steep, low hyzer. If you have a cannon you can take that line right to the pin, but I always end up laying up with a putter for a 3. So it's usually Leopard-->Ion/Magic-->Magic if I don't hit a tree.

Looks like a nice park/course, and water (even a small stream like this) just does something for a hole.
Champ Archon on a hyzer, Challenger, APX.

The creek is OB, no mando's, there is OB about 25' past the basket too. Its a very hard basket to run hard because of the OB left and long.
Played this hole twice in the RFDO 2010 prepping for worlds and twice in worlds. Sidearm over the creek works well but can be risky, I have taking OB strokes here. If you go over the creek, you basically have to re-tee if you go OB because you never pass back in bounds. Over the path is much safer. Most play for the par because of the risk. It is a bit of a tweener hole, score separation is from the OB, not a birdie/par/bogey spread with no OB.

FH stable destroyer over the creek or BH Glow Eagle -x over the road.

Casual Round: LHBH Hyzer Champ Teebird over creek at pin. 50/50 chance of hitting tree and never getting back into regulation.
Keeping Score: LHBH Anny Pro Leopard dumped along path. 2 putt for 3.

So tempted to fling a Wraith LHBH over the creek, but I might have to play it safe and go Stingray/Anode instead.

Thumber with a XXX over the creek, bending back to the basket. Decent chance at a birdie most times.

I like to live dangerously and I'm a natural Anny thrower, so I'll take a teebird Anny rhbh through the left creek gap.

Latest posts