• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 06/21/13: Tye F. Cunningham DGC in Edmond, OK

dusty5150

Double Eagle Member
Tye F. Cunningham DGC in Edmond, OK

Rating 3.63 from 20 reviews.

Hole # 17 [Little or no elevation]
Pin Position A: 259 ft (3)
Pin Position B: 289 ft (3)

Tee:
7eb33b5c.jpg

Map:
732381e1.jpg

There's always wind. This is Oklahoma. When I played it was approx. 20-25mph Right to left on this hole.

RHFH Star Wraith for both.

The B/longer pin looks to be a bit to the right according to the map.

A: RHBH Buzzz
B: RHBH River

You have to go straight at this hole for any attempt at the basket on the first throw as there are very thick woods all along the right side of the fairway, as well as surrounding the basket on all sides; hyzers do not work here unless they're LHBH or RHFH, even then there's a very slim chance they get to the guarded basket.

I've hit chains on the short position with a dead nuts straight flipped GL Fuse. I have a tendency to throw the same shot for the longs for the easy deuce when you hit the pocket. Basically, if you hit the pocket, you land on very hard Oklahoma red clay and all the brush and trees around the baskets will funnel you towards the pins and you have a very reasonable putt for the bird. Miss the pocket left or right and you're in trouble; though missing left is somewhat more open and kind, missing right is no good at all.

As a caveat, it's unfortunate that this hole was chosen out of all the holes on this course. There are some really fun and technical holes at TFC, and 17 is one of the more vanilla of them all.

From what I can see here...
Short: RHBH Beast or Teebird up the gut, let it fade left to the basket.

Long: agreed, looks like pin might be off to the right. one of the following:
a) RHBH Champ Roadrunner on an annie line over the bushes off to the left to turn right.
b) RHFH a Pro Boss up the gap.

Wasp to hit the gap. Then take a drink of water cuz this place looks BONE DRY.

Latest posts