• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 08/16/12: Cliff Stephens Park in Clearwater, FL

Love to hate this hole. As previously mentioned, one of the "easier" ones out here. There are two pin placements for this one. One is to the right at the end one is just infront of the last tree, left of the Y tree you see down the alley way.

Left Placement-

I've never hit that flick line on the left, so I usually gun something stable down the gut. Most successful on this hole was a low Teebird (seasoned) shot with a little skip fade to park. Hitting that water fountain makes quite the noise when you hit it too.

Right Placement-

You need to watch out for the water on this if you are running the ace. You can go actually outside on a big hyzer and risk landing on the dock on the right or water right and behind the hole. So, I usually played it smart and went for a semi-flippy Roc shot to turn at it and stop before danger.

Hole 16 and Hole B are the only holes here that constantly come back to mind from my 2 years playing here... Climo Country! Surprised a TBDGC member hasn't chimed in yet

There is also an anny line down the left side. I go up gut with Tbird.

Edit. You can't see anny line in the OP's pic.

Last edited:
I don't even remember what I threw last time I played here but I'll go with a Roc now and a Wizard for the rest of the hole. I also don't think water comes into play behind the basket unless you throw like 100 ft. past the basket lol

Low powered fuse through the middle, follow with an eclipse anode.

RHBH my strangely overstable champy Archon on a hyzer line to the right, around that Y-shaped tree in middle of the fairway.

Yay, the 1st photo of the day that I have an ace on!! It was a very memorable ace as Paul McBeth and Brittany were finishing hole 8 and coming up to hole 9. This is hole 7 and it shares a bench with hole 9. I flew as they were walking up and nailed a beautiful skip ace...with a finely tuned star destroyer!!

I don't even remember what I threw last time I played here but I'll go with a Roc now and a Wizard for the rest of the hole. I also don't think water comes into play behind the basket unless you throw like 100 ft. past the basket lol

In the longer pin placement, the water is about 70 feet behind. I have seen it happen...

rhfh firebird just left of the tree straight ahead and get a nice skip for the ace! (ideally, of course)

I love Cliff! it is in my top 5 played for sure, just looking at these pictures make me wanna play it again soo bad!

There's a video of the course in the media section.

Based on that I'd go with a beat roc up the middle