• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 1/29/2023: Shawshank Hole #6 Huntsville, TX

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Shawshank in Huntsville, TX

301 ft.

"I tried the "safe" play on Hole 6 by throwing a anny off to the right, only to hit a tree that kicked it directly into the pond. But I threw in from the drop-zone on the dock for a circle three! Small victories..."

"I knew I wasn't sure to clear the far edge at about 290' from the tee, so turned one over to the right...it still clipped a tree & rolled in...fished it out quickly and shot from the drop zone pier for my circle four"

Tee
ab188ef7.jpg

Looking over the pond at the basket from about mid-fairway
0a99c3ab.jpg

Throwing from the drop zone
843fc769.jpg

Basket
11daaa54.jpg

Course owner Steve tees off at 2011 US Masters
eaac206f.jpg

Oh man, I would love to play Shawshank.

Probably putter - putter, playing for par.

Beat K3 Berg RHBH, then any disc over the water depending how my drive ended up. If it's more open from the pad than I can tell from these images I'm going Drone slight flex shot probably?

Tee- Eclipse Envy

Approach- Pig

Envy, Envy most likely.

VIP Anvil, playing for a par

Having never played it, and without an above-view shot or graphic layout of how that water plays against the fairway, my first gut reaction is that distance is well within my control range. I would probably throw a Halo Leopard3 or Neo Instinct - both have enough turn when torqued where they can still be thrown flat, low, and have enough to make that distance with a little to spare.

Latest posts