• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 1-31-2012

Just looked at the course map to get a better idea of the hole. Looks like you want to hyzer around that grouping of trees to get to the basket or risk a tough upshot. I would just throw my Destroyer on a big hyzer around the back side of those bushes.

I could be wrong, but I think map shows the alt pin and pic is regular (short) pin.

For pictured pin, I'll go champ valky to the gap, upshot, putt.

For alt pin, I agree, u want to go around those trees. So maybe go with a champ Starfire to get there.

It looks pretty downhill? I'd throw an Axis on a wide hyzer and hope for the long putt. If not, I'll take my 3.

I could be wrong, but I think map shows the alt pin and pic is regular (short) pin.

For pictured pin, I'll go champ valky to the gap, upshot, putt.

For alt pin, I agree, u want to go around those trees. So maybe go with a champ Starfire to get there.

It does show the alt pin on the map, but it at least let me find the hole on Google Maps so I could use the ruler feature to measure out 398ft towards those bushes to see that the basket is on the back side of them :)

I think trying to go for the gap and missing your line can result in your disc landing in a weird spot with no direct look at the basket for an easy upshot. That's why I opted to go for the big hyzer on the right to get to the back side of the basket, where even if I don't get in the circle for a putt, at least I'll have a clear look at it for an easy up and down.

Last edited:
I've never played there when the basket is in that position. I usually play there when it's to the right out of the picture behind a huge tree that blocks your path pretty good.

In the pictured position I'd throw a Z Force out to the right and let it fade back to the left behind those cedars. Putt back uphill with a Challenger.

In the alt position I throw a Z Avenger SS out into the middle and let it turn over to the right. I try to throw it far enough left for it to finish just low enough to pass under the tree limbs that are blocking your path to the basket and finish it up with a challenger.

I have played the alternate position, but not this one. I would go with my star Valk and have it fade a little left towards the basket, RHBH.

im sliding a firebird in there

Got an OLF to land just to the right of that clump of trees this am, finished it off with aviar. It was the best I have ever done on that hole, I love the OLF.

I love this course. One of my absolute favorites. This hole is a ways down the hill so it is quite reachable. You can launch it, but be careful going straight at it cause it might just keep on keeping on (still an easy 3). I throw a wide hyzer with my Augusta Wraith in this pin placement. Rhyno to finish. ( The other placement is a bit more fun...)

171 Champ Katana with hyzer from regular teepad
170 Champ Roadrunner roller from alt teepad
175 Champ Destroyer if the wind is up

Wizard to finish