• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 10/30/12: Pendaries Village DGC in Rociada, NM

I'm faced with two options off the gold tee which I will post.

Option 1:
Tee: Surge and hopefully it rides out a slow turning anhyzer to a safe landing. Then flippy Surge on a huge roller line to eat up distance (golf courses are begging for rollers). Then depending on distance to the pin, a Buzzz or MRV and a Spike to clean up

Option 2:
Tee: 150 Class ESP Nuke on a huge turnover/late flex attempt to cut out big distance (hopefully stay inbounds). Super flippy ESP Nuke on a giant roller attempt (hopefully stay inbounds) then hopefully a long running putt attempt at a possible 3? Most likely take a 4.

I'd try a tricky nose down/hyzer release with my Sidewinder, if I miss the ground it should sail down the hill and still fade at the end. Could sub "flippy Volt" for Sidewinder.

Then a hard anhyzer/flex with a stable teebird/volt and hopefully be a bit past the short tee. A big hyzer drive with a river should put me in upshot/go-for-it range.

Ive been lucky to play this hole from both gold & blues tees. IT'S A BEAST!
Throw the River, then throw it two more times, then one more time with the Buzzz for good measure. Hopefully one putt through the trees for a par 5....and thats from the blue tees :)

Downhill or not, I hate long holes with no teepad. It's downright dangerous. That said, I'd flick a Firebird into the woods and then go buy another one.

Blizzard Boss, Blizzard Boss, Blizzard Boss, and then probably a Blizzard Boss again since I will inevitably turn and burn at least one of my throws.

After that, Sinus and Wizard to clean up.

Looks like a beast (but I ain't throwin' one :D).
R-Pro Boss until I think I'm close enough for a buzzz.
Then Challenger, finish with APX.

Gold: GL Saint 3x - Icon Ghost - Pro Pig
Blue: GL Saint 2x - Icon Ghost - Pro Pig

Gold: Teebird. Teebird. Teebird. (possibly teebird again otherwise super lightweight pain) Then rhyno. Rhyno.

Downhill or not, I hate long holes with no teepad. It's downright dangerous.

What are you talking about? Did you not look at the photo? How much more tee pad do you need? Or can you just not play on grass pads?

What are you talking about? Did you not look at the photo? How much more tee pad do you need? Or can you just not play on grass pads?

I did look at the photo. That's where my statement came from. It shows about 2' of the actual pad. All of that grass on the other side of the tee sign is the fairway. Do you run up the fairway to take your shot? Every course I've played with grass pads has been short. Long holes like this need a solid and stable base of pavers at the very least so you can focus on what you're doing rather than worrying about slick grass or ruts/divots.

HOLY CRAP!!! Does that say 1300 ft hole? DAMN!! It would take me 10 strokes and 2 hours to play this hole...LOL!

OT: i would throw my glo Archangel the first 5 throws...

looks like its about 400 to the bend off the long tee.

So ill go with a champ orc out about 320, then a low flipping anny holding champ teebird. Then i think id be in enough to go with a vector, depends on the lie, maybe a buzz.

fun looking course out there, i didnt know NM had trees.

Blizz destroyer. 25 times.

Then go to the truck crying like a baby.

Short(er) Tee: star Destroyer twice. Roc or Aviar to finish.

Then a hike to #9's Tee. Looks a ways over there.