• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/11/2021: Kiwanis DGC Hole #2 Staunton, VA

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Kiwanis DGC in Staunton, VA

211 ft.

Blue Tee: The first 3/4 of this hole rises sharply uphill, then plays to an orange basket on a downslope.
b7b818c5.jpg

The fairway is 30-35 feet wide. Missing the fairway often leads to a pitch out. The yellow basket is not shown but is 20' to the right of the utility pole. The orange basket is about 80' past the pole to the left.
3f0255c9.jpg

Approach (Orange Basket)
1c3a9e82.jpg

Orange Basket
045b0385.jpg

Basket to Tee: Temporary signage, short basket
0013caa1.jpg

Lucid Maverick I think?

The first 4 pictures are not of Hole 2. That hole is currently 5 I believe. The fifth photo looking back at the tee with the road on the right of the pic is Hole 2. This course has been redesigned/renumbered several times over a number of years so some oopsies are understandable. The newest layout is by far the best and they did huge work putting in some fairways in tough woods. Course is underrated on this site for sure.

The hole is slightly uphill, gap to hit is about 100 off the tee and it plays around 240 instead of 211. Beat 400g F5 is my preference.

Hex sounds like a good call

Played this once. Think I threw a Harp.