• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/15/2015: Earlewood Park Hole 9 in Columbia, SC

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.72 from 53 reviews.

Hole 9
Par 3
330 ft.
Plays downhill

Tee:
538e1fe9.jpg

Basket:
e1733954.jpg

Basket to Tee:
e63728d3.jpg

Course Map

From Hole Descriptions Page:
Hole #9 (330') Turnover shot. Surrounded by tennis court pavement is O.B. You do not even have to be inside the fence to find this penalty stroke. Beyond the second train tracks on the right is O.B. "Please go to right of tennis court to hole #10 if folks are on the teepad for #1."

RHBH Dx EagleX anny. Get some flex to put it within 20 feet for a S Wizard putt.

Probably Pinnacle Patriot...but if I was feeling good that day, I might try to rope an Atlas downhill at it.

Explanatory notes: the walking path to the left is NOT O.B. It is also virtually never used. It was installed about 20 years after the course.

The foliage on lining the right side masks a nasty ravine, 15' or so deep. Almost certain bogey if you're in there. During tournaments, it's flagged as O.B.

This hole has been growing over the past 2 decades. I used to be able to park it, now it's out of my reach.

But I'll throw a beat-in star sidewinder or JLS, RHBH anhyzer, and hope.

It's a much better forehand hole, and I'll try that too, but it requires a much better forehand than mine.

If I pull off my very best drive I'm making a very cautious long putt at it, fearing the downhill flyby. But mostly I'm laying up with a birdie putter that will reliably stay where it lands.

P.S. This holes catches a lot of wind---and the wind is significantly different on the tee and green.