• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/17/12 Toronto, ON, CA

Finally a Canadian hole!

This looks like a challenging hole for me (Lefty) if the pin position is in the back position. I am probably throwing a river either way and hope to land it somewhere in the fairway...

By the way, love the Maple Leafs logo on the sign... We Canadians cant help putting something hockey related on everything

loling on the Canadian shenanigans here. I would also river this or possibly roller it with a buzzz on the white. For the Blue, it would be wraith action!

I would use a Vibram Trak on a slight hyzer flip so that it tracks right ever so slightly and has very little fade. From there, hopefully a putt for bird at the short location. I would use the Trak on the long location as well due to the necessary straight flight and low ceiling. Depending on the range of the second shot, I would throw either my Ibex, Z Buzzz, or Ti Buzzz. Finishing both locations out would be an ESP FLX Challenger.

short: FH Banshee for a 2 if that 1 tree in the fairway gets missed, otherwise it's a 3-4 I guess.
long: If I'm feeling ballsy, I'd FH a Rampage on a high anhyzer and let it flex out into the open. I'm not sure I can the full distance, but at least 400 of it, hopefully that's good enough for a nice and easy approach/putt.
If that's not do able, then probably go with FH Banshee again for placement and go from there.

Short: I'd probably try a Pred on a big hyzer. Aiming high to the right.
Long: Low and flat Teebird

Looks fun!

Short: Big hyzer over the brush on the right with a Firebird.
Long: Big hyzer over the brush on the right with a Sword.

Finish both with Dx Aviar P&A

Think I am going FH Firebird for all the shots. Get past the first turn and then finish with a Wizard to either placement.

Looks like a very low ceiling for that first shot. Either a Z avenger ss or TM Fuse thrown on a slight hyzer and low so hopefully they would flip up and slowly turn right around that corner. Probably a Focus for second shot on the short tee and a Condor upshot on the second for the long tee. Maybe that Fuse again if the celing is low on the second shot too. I'd be happy to take a 3 on this hole. Seems tricky and fun. My kind of course.

One thing i remember about this hole is that if your drive is straight and you go too long, you are screwed. Better off laying up to the corner with a midrange or a forehand, and another midrange-ish shot to the pin.

This is one of the better courses in Canada for sure.

I don't think there is enough room to throw a long drive so I'll throw a coyote placement shot and play off of that. On second look there might be a shot over the rough that is straight ahead. I'd have to see if I could throw a wraith on that line.

Short pin: Champ Cobra flipped up the middle
Long pin: a high hyzerflip over those bushes/trees/whatever on the right side looks really tempting...that or just a safe Cobra up the middle for par

That ceiling looks a little low for me to get any kind of distance. Roller it is.

Short pin : Roadrunner backhand roller
Long pin : Xcaliber forehand roller

Finish each up with a challenger.