• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/25/2019: New Quarter Park Hole 16 in Williamsburg, VA

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.35 from 60 reviews

Hole 16
White Tee / Blue Tee (PAR)
Pin Position A: 348 ft (3) / 420 ft (4)
Pin Position B: 433 ft (4) / 505 ft (4)
Pin Position C: 466 ft (4) / 538 ft (5)

Tee Sign:
43b61b70.jpg

White Tee:
d8f75207.jpg

Blue Tee:
1f4e2509.jpg

Course Map

For all tees and locations I am throwing a leopard straight up the fairway. That should get me about 260 or so. From there, for A I am throwing a Mako, for B I am throwing a Teebird to get the late fade, for C I am throwing the leopard again.

In the photo from the white tee it sort of appears the fairway drops off the face of the earth... in effect it does. There is a deep valley. The C pin actually sits at roughly the same elevation as the tees while the A and B are both well below. Off to the right in the chasm is a bad place to be. Pins A and B are located in close proximity to one of the oldest/largest trees of its species in Virginia- I forget whether oak or poplar though. C pin is very seldom used at this point. (I assisted in design of this course.)

I haven't played the white tee in years but from the blue I am throwing my flippy F5 as straight as I can to the landing zone before the drop off. This generally results in winding up early left and throwing a bad forehand approach to the bottom of the valley on the right. A PITA climb down results in an easy upshot to either pin A or B for the bogey 4.

One of the best holes on an awesome course. It's a shame the pin is so rarely in the C position, because it makes the hole that much more fantastic, capitalizing on the full elevation of that section of woods. A beat Thunderbird or Surge off the blue tee, regardless of pin position, and likely a Zone for a crafty upshot, dodging trees and crossing the wooded ravine along the way.

Last edited:
rhbh rival, then likely a gator approach

Escape from either pad and go from there

Latest posts