• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 9/13/2017: Ft. Hamby Park Hole 2 in Wilkesboro, NC

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.67 from 12 reviews.

Hole 2
Par 3
White Tee: 240 ft.
Blue Tee: 333 ft.
Plays downhill.

White Tee Sign:
f78ff30f.jpg

White Tee:
cc142c17.jpg

Blue Tee Sign:
b0586f2f.jpg

Blue Tee:
e9db551d.jpg

Basket to Tee:
8c883baa.jpg

Course Map

White: I might flick a Roc3 to stay on the path of the fairway. If it is truly a dead straight shot like the sign suggests I would throw a Mako3 but it doesn't look perfectly straight to me.

Blue: 3Bird hard and low. On a good day I can hit that line perfectly with that disc. Let's hope we play this course on a good day.

White: Soft Proxy
Blue: Star Shryke

This hole definitely had a pretty strong left to right grade. It's a very pretty hole though, I need to get back up to Wilkesboro to plya it again.

White: LHBH Soft Spike
Blue: lefty Thumber Star Firebird

White: probably a Lucid Warden on a slight anny
Blue: Moonshine River

White: Lucid Evidence
Blue: Cryztal Stalker

Last edited:
White I'm going to put a little hyzer on a Chief.
I'm not sure about the blue, maybe an evolution Element.
I like the look of this one.

It is straight but tight. You don't want to hit trees early and kick right. Right rough is escapable but thick. Left is probably thicker. Big left to right slope. I highly recommend all 3 courses in Wilkesboro, NC.

White: 11x beat roc or powered down SE Leo.
Blue: Probably playing for the middle of the fairway with a roc.

You don't want to kick left much either, I can tell you that from experience. The rough on the left is thick enough to be nigh impossible to throw through but if you get through it you can easily reach the road. Then that green is really fast so approaching it from the left can send you flying downhill. Really tough, fun hole.

Blue: You just want to stay on that ridge, hyzer flipped Fuse to lace the tunnel and hopefully land softly on the fairway for a long putt attempt or at least an easy 3.

White: I can't remember if I played this one but I'd probably go for it with a FH flex shot with a beefy Eagle and pick up the pieces later. I would just RHBH putter here but that left side looks crowded for that.

white: rhbh ibex
blue: leopard/river whichever i put in the bag for the round

Latest posts