• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 9/16/12 Ottumwa, IA

GripEnemy

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Premium Member
Wildwood Park
Ottumwa, IA

Hole #8
red: 274' par 4?
white: 420' par 4

No other pictures or hole tips...

Tee:
9898f051.jpg

Course Map:
16b00566.jpg

Baffled...my three (or more) home courses are all wooded, so trees aren't an issue, but wtf do you do here? Roller? ...Grass doesn't look short enough . . .

:popcorn:

RHFH an Eagle and see where I end up and where I need to go.

Is that tee box facing too far right and maybe the fairway is up the left a little? Weird. Maybe an Eagle and see what happens

Recently ran into this situation at Surge DGC in Cincy: large spreading tree in the 6th fairway about 1/5 of the way out the 300' fairway. I discovered a rhbh roller with my dx beast (had never tried it before) that got under the 4' high branch. I guess I'd just try that again?
Oh, and I'd try to say 'Hi' to Radar O'Reilly while I was in Ottumwa. :D

Ah my home course. Sidearm roller all the way up the hill with a firebird. Or a star boss through the gap in the branches.

Hole placement in shorts is in between the two small trees that you see at the top of the pic and in long it's behind the third tree in the pic

Sounds like I'm rolling my D Nuke. Otherwise I might just backhand a Meteor to get around the oak tree.

Hmm. I would have to throw my TL hard and low. I would have to release it down by my knees so it would hopefully flip flat and gliiiiiiiiiiiide. FH Roller with my Firebird is another option.