• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 9/22/2020: Prado DGC Hole #7 Chino, CA

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Prado DGC in Chino, CA

527 ft.

"Hole 7 is a tough curve around the water with large, thick brush, which swallows discs. If you're brave and have a big arm you throw over the swamp to reach the 500+ distance. Not me; I go safe to the left and still lose discs there with bad rolls, since it slopes that way."

"Hole 7 is definitely the highlight of the course. It provides a nice risk/reward opportunity for players who think they have the arm to clear the water. However, there is also a safe route around the left side for those that don't want to take chances over the water."

"The dang lake ate my favorite Sidewinder teeing off on 7 - but that's my own fault for letting it drift up and catch the wind."

"Hole 7 around the lake was particularly scenic. I do not have the arm to go over the lake, fortunately you are not required to make this move."

"Water comes into play on a few holes here, especially on Hole # 7, without a doubt the signature hole on this course. It is a 527 foot right curve around the water, but there is a line directly across. Few that go for this line actually make it, but when they do - it's a thing of beauty. The Safe route is about 300 feet to the apex, then straight at the basket slightly over the water."

Tee
5f28dc80.jpg

Basket: Prado Lake and Chino Hills in background
93aaccc3.jpg

Probably a 2nd run fd up the middle safe. Don't have the arm to get there in one.

I'm going Destroyer to cut some of the corner off. I won't get the whole distance, but it should land safe around the corner.

rhbh tesla flat off the tee towards that thing that kind of looks like another teepad but with a tee growing out of it. Then the tesla again at the pin. Two safe throws, but I should get a putt for the third.

RHBH Saint on the safe route and then whatever I need to get home, probably a Leo, and putt for three

Star Wraith to the corner. Play for the 3.

Playing safe with Katana off the tee.

Shoutout to the photographers! :hfive:

Plays 380-400 over water if you directly at it which is what I've done 50 times. Hole is 527 if you take the perimeter lake and follow it around. I flex a legacy cannon or outlaw weather depending. Hole does have 3 pin spots

I've played this one a few times. This is a fun hole, and I've both seen discs lost and lost discs. It's also ALWAYS windy. I'll throw a Big Z Vulture RHBH, probably way too safe, and then leave myself a 350' approach to the basket with the same Vulture.