• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the day 4-29-2010

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
My Home Course....250ish this one is a skip ace waiting to happen and the only truly open hole with hard dirt, flat and no rocks on this woodsy boulder infested mountain meanie. I usually throw something stable here and play for a big skip if its nestled in the upper left corner (short hole but I get best skips out of my destroyer or my Orc so I go with those)...when the basket is dead straight position I have thrown putters to drivers and still no ace! This is a fun hole cause your thinking ace everytime you step up to the box.

I'd throw a low line drive overhand. I can get some big skips with a Boss that way.

Well I'd either throw that or my trusty Cro straight down the middle. Depending on how adventurous I was feeling.

I am thinking my Aviar. Looks slightly downhill with just enough ceiling to allow my to get it there on good low throw.

slopes ever so slightly from left to right so the anny or low turning hard right throws get punished pretty good if you dont ace.

This is my home course as well. The last couple times playing here, the basket position has been out in the open rather than nestled behind the group of trees on the left. Therefore I've been throwing a very low (inches off the ground) forehand toward the left with my Champ Boss and letting it skip (I throw right handed so it 'naturally' goes to the right when skipping). I was fortunate to hit the basket on a double skip one of these times but alas, no ace...just metal.

Now that the baskets are in the long positions, it makes this hole a little easier. When I played this hole last Wednesday I threw an E-Pro Assassin with a very slight anny and parked it right under the basket.

I'm trying to read that picture, and if it is laid out the way I think it is, I would go with my Flick.

In center position ESP Meteor RHBH to the left and let it anny with a little bit of flex back (my FH is a big bag of sux).

Left position ESP Buzzz RHBH.

Latest posts