• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 01.15.2011

thumbnail.asp

To the OP, that was a great write-up, thanks for that!

For the shot, I think I'm gonna try to keep it low to skip under the basket. And even if it skips through the trees, u'll be looking at an uphill putt.

Thanks dodgeball, though I have to give credit to gj pain for the quality of the post. I had never started an HOD thread before so I basically copied his OP from yesterday.

It is a really fun course and takes advantage of the VERY limited space available (It is crammed in a thin strip between the Colorado River and the base of the mountains you see in the tee picture)

Until 2 summers ago it was only 9 holes and seemed cramped, but the club expanded it for the state doubles championships and made it work well.

The pics I took are from April last year and don't do the beauty of the course justice. It just gets better and better as the summer wears on. And fall, well, see for yourself...

Hole 8 Tee in autumn
picture.php

Hole 10 Tee in autumn
picture.php

And here is a bonus pic of the green on hole 6 (the next hole after today's featured hole).
picture.php

Unless you're absolutely parked, the pit is the place to land from your tee shot. Anywhere else that close and you're flirting with putting it right in the river.
aadeaf82.jpg

an easy wizard hyzer

edit: lol i didn't see i posted almost the exact smae thing as gcr_russell unti after i posted this.

Last edited:
Low, straight shot with a Cro. If I miss everything and head out to the field I'll take my 3, and if I happen to hit something near the hole I'll go for the deuce

hard zeroline spike