• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homeowners near course demand removal of hole...

Im having a hard time following the map for sure. Looks rough. 2 and 5 share a basket?! While 5 crosses over 3s teepad?! Cant be right...

from the look of the map, I'd redesign the whole course. Looks like a really weird flow from hole to hole. Would eliminate the issue with the hole that is causing the problem.

I AGREE with both of you. The change of hole #5 was literally done in 5 minutes within hearing about the homeowners complaints . I don't like crisscrossing fairways either or sharing of baskets. But I had to do something quick to show I can be flexible. Once you change one hole you have to change all holes pretty much so it takes time.

It is not permanent design, it is just this way until we can get more parking and perhaps more trees. Beavers and beetles took many trees on thecourse and made it difficult to design.

My original intent was to have course go counter clockwise, but home owners on Chamberlain would have a fit... so I had to have hole #1 by baseball diamond parking lot and that affects flow of hole course . Perhaps when we get trees and more parking in different location we can redesign for better flow.

How many people use this park? How many disc golfers use the course? Are you the original designer?

This looks like a good candidate for a total do-over. Start over, try just a 9 hole layout. A good quality 9 is much better than trying to force 12 where they don't fit well.

Just here to reiterate... this is 12 holes in the space that should be occupied by a 9 hole course at most.

How many people use this park? How many disc golfers use the course? Are you the original designer?

This looks like a good candidate for a total do-over. Start over, try just a 9 hole layout. A good quality 9 is much better than trying to force 12 where they don't fit well.

Town of 10,000 people. Compared to other parts in town, it was the least used. There are maybe 50 disc golfers per week? Diamond used once a week for gym class for a couple months only per year. Maybe 20 walkers a day?

It can fit 12 as almost nobody plays long pro tees except me. Even league games are from short teepads. I would like to do a whole redesign... I designed it very quickly and was trying for a year to get input from next closest disc golf club, and other than elongating #8? I didmt get any suggestion or input. without ability to build a bridge or put parking somewhere options limited. I'll probably convert it to 9 hole or move it in future when we get an 18 hole course at bear mountain ski hill.