• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How accurate is your putting from 25ft?

Wow some realistic replies.

I think people are generally better putters at 25' than they give themselves credit for. 25' is surprisingly close when you measure it out on the course. It is like the opposite of driving, where 500' is surprisingly further than most people guess.

On topic I am about 70%

I find I'm more confident at 25 if the actual circle is marked off. Mental thing I guess.

I've been hitting 34/40 using 4 discs of similar molds and weight. Something didnt feel right about it though. I was able to get into too much of a rhythm, which you don't really get during a round. So, instead of throwing 4 at a time I just threw 1 and picked it up and walked back and did it again. Repeated ad nauseum. Found it took me a longer time to find the rhythm, and my first few shots were way off, but eventually i found it. Its more work, but I think I'm going to stick to it. Anyone else have similar experiences?

On the course, probably 40-50%. When I get in the zone at home, I can hit 85-90%

(Just guessing, since I never really track these things)

Last edited:
I've started using less molds for practice putting and my accuracy seems to be improving from 25'. Still only making 5-6 out of every 10 putts but it's been more consistent. I'm confident my percentage will keep going up with more practice.

Latest posts