• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Do I Get Marker Off Of A Disc?

runnaman

Eagle Member
I just bought some nice discs off of eBay but some of them have a lot of permanent marker. Does anyone know of anyways to get the marker off?

I have found WD 40 works on anything that hasnt been there for a long time. Then it only blurs it out, so maybe there is something better for removing old writing!

thank you, i'll try what I can with those. It's pretty old writing (or it least it looks like that) so hopefully something will work.

ask the punks who use it in buffalo, ny when they find dozens of other peoples plastic...ha ha..

What the hell is that about? I can only imagine it has something to do with Como Park and the kids who dive for discs there, but if you've thrown dozens into the drink on visits from Ithaca, my condolences...

Hi All;

If you're going to use acetone, try not to let it come in contact with your skin. It's a carcinogen and absorbs through your skin. I usually just put a dab on a wadded up paper towel when I'm cleaning stuff.

Hi All;

If you're going to use acetone, try not to let it come in contact with your skin. It's a carcinogen and absorbs through your skin. I usually just put a dab on a wadded up paper towel when I'm cleaning stuff.

Safety, schmafety!!! :p Just kidding.

Seriously, thanks for the tip.

The best thing to do is give the discs to Superman and have him do that trick where he flies around the planet real fast and goes back in time, till the discs are brand new without marker on them. Failing that, ask to borrow Paris Hilton's lady juices, I hear they're stronger than acetone. God I give ****e advice.