• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] How Do I Hold More than 7 Discs in my Innova Standard Bag?

Smileyaili17

The info for the Innova Standard bag says I can hold up to 12 discs, but my divider only has room for 6, plus the putter pocket on the outside, making 7.

My bag only came with one divider: the 6 disc accordion style divider. Should it have come with another one? I see pictures of the standard bag holding a lot more than mine can hold because it looks like those pictures show the bag with a U-channel divider. Perhaps the bag I got was defective, and the U-channel wasn't there.

Is there anywhere that sells U-channel dividers specifically for the Innova Standard bag?

I have 9 discs, and I'm looking at a few more, so a deluxe bag would be a little too much for me, at least for now. Also, when I take the accordion divider out, the discs just flop around since there is no support.

Botton line: How do I get more to fit? Is there a U-channel for Innova Standard Bags?

Just take out the divider?

I threw away the divider when I got the bag, it still has plenty of structure when there are discs in it and you can fit a lot more.

You could make it like the gorilla boy bags and just use two pieces of pvc for a frame. I use a standard without a divider all the time. It holds ten to eleven discs great.

Pretty sure I have a Standard...bought it quite used from someone on here and it came with no dividers and I'm fitting 17-18 in the bag and my putter in the putter pouch.

I'm loading them in opposite of what most of the photos I have found of it....I might actually have a Deluxe...not sure.

Yeah I took out the divider that came with it, but like I said the discs flop around a lot. But that's probably because I only put 9 discs in. I just want a little more support with that number of discs. I want to get at least a few more discs for the time being, so hopefully that'll be enough!

Thanks for the quick replies by the way!

If you tuck the lid down inside the back of the bag it fills some extra space when you don't have it crammed full. I'll also put my extra towels there if I'm not filling the bag all the way.

If you tuck the lid down inside the back of the bag it fills some extra space when you don't have it crammed full. I'll also put my extra towels there if I'm not filling the bag all the way.

I did this when I first got my FADE Tourney bag before I had enough plastic that I enjoyed throwing to fill it up.

I have a huge Condor that I also slide in there opposite of the way I line the other discs up. Helps take up some room and keeps them more snug.

Take out the divider and turn the discs so that they orient from the front to back of the bag instead of side to side. Until I bought a different backpack that holds more stuff than just discs, I could hold 13-14 discs in the Standard bag (6 drivers, 6 mids, and 1-2 putters). I used the front "putter pocket" for my mini and just slotted my putter in with everything else. Worked like a charm; the discs fit quite snugly. I'll post a pic in a bit, when I can get home to line it up.

I unhook the velcro on the front and back of the divider. One disc goes in the front of the divider and 2 more behind it.

My bag goes: Putter in the pocket, destro outside the divider, 6 discs in the divider, 2 mids on the outside of the divider closest to my body when I'm carrying the bag.

As promised...

oldbag-20vif0b.jpg

Yep, that's how I do it too...I'm starting to think I have a Deluxe though. I'm fitting about 18 in the bag and my putter on the outside pocket.

Here's how I keep ten discs (9+1) in mine, with the divider in (5 drivers, 3 mids, 2 putters):
std91.jpg

I just have 3 discs outside the divider, and they fit nice and snug without being tight. If I want to carry couple more discs, I remove the divider and can then fit 11+1 for 12 total.

Wow! Thanks for the pictures you guys!

KenTyburski, I've tried putting them sideways instead of front to back before and it seemed a little too tight so I didn't fully put them all in, but your picture makes it look like it could work so I'll try it out again! And I also like the idea of unhooking the velcro, archmage. I think I'll give that one a try too and see which one I like best!

Preferably, I'd like a U-channel, but I think these will work! Thanks again!

I might actually have an Innova Deluxe

So I'm kind of a newb and this bag is really old and the PO wasn't sure what it was. Do I have a Deluxe?

Currently fitting 19 discs in the bag and my putter in the outside pocket. You can see the large red Condor inserted the opposite way as the rest. Bag has a drink holder and velcro pocket on one side and a large zipper pocket on the other.
20120529_171600.jpg

20120529_171609.jpg

I completely missed the part where you talked about taking the divider out. :confused: :eek:

KenTyburski, I've tried putting them sideways instead of front to back before and it seemed a little too tight so I didn't fully put them all in, but your picture makes it look like it could work so I'll try it out again!

It took a while for the bag to get to where it felt accustomed to the arrangement. I used to put 8-10 discs in the normal way until I wanted to carry more discs. That's when I rotated them. With 14 in there, it was a little tight getting fingers between them to pull them out, but 1 disc fewer would work nicely to solve that. I still keep that bag in my trunk for when I don't want to carry my own DiscMahal:

newbag1-1r1qjgq.jpg
newbag2-296qbme.jpg

So I'm kind of a newb and this bag is really old and the PO wasn't sure what it was. Do I have a Deluxe?

Yeah, that's bigger than the Standard bag.

Latest posts