• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you calculate disc weight at a certain speed

Yes, you're correct there. I made a lot of assumptions to simplify the problem. It's like a bendy shaft on a golf club that effectively whips the head. I tried to address the snap in a way in the second point, but yeah, good point about the hand speed.
The disc has to rotate around your last point of contact just like the tip of a bullwhip.

I was trying to focus on the "heavy" sensation that the OP mentioned when ripping a disc, but you're absolutely correct, thanks for pointing it out!

Thanks for your answers and time again. I'm afraid that I'm too stupid to understand even the simplified versions you provided. Plus not being a native english speaker wont help that at all :). Could not guess it would be that complex. At least now I remember why I lost interest in physics pretty quickly at school :).

So where does the term arm speed come from? Clearly its not the thing you want to look for and so many people including me are trying too hard instead of a controlled movement that gets the job done better power and controlwise. Perhaps theres a ratio between lower arm speed and disc ejection speed that could enlighten what we need to do and look for. If we know the length of a lower arm and its speed, is it possible to know how much faster it will eject in ideal conditions?

A good example is my friend who has a good form but really tries to make his arm go fast and the disc slips. He's much more efficient and has even more power when he just focuses on a smooth throw.

same place that "reach back" and "run up" came from. and all these terms get used by Simon, Drew, etc when they do their videos.

They're extremely common terms and unless you're working to undo back habits, you probably wouldn't think twice about them.

i think the best way to measure g-forces must be the moment the disc starts to spin out of the hand. different people will get very different g-forces in acceleration. some begins slower and gets a big spike at the end of the throw and another one starts faster and has more linear acceleration.