• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you define a signature hole?

I think a signature hole is one that not only looks pretty but one that is challenging as well. For example at Tocaboga Park in St Pete, Florida ends with the final hole about 10 feet from the ocean on the Gulf of Mexico... at least it used to. The hole wasn't the most challenging but there is nothing like throwing a second shot where if you miss you throw it into the ocean. It was only 300 or so feet, dog leg left but for a midwesterner like me, there was no cooler hole to play.

hole14-0.jpg

That's interesting b/c to me the signature hole for UNC is hole #2, the course is more wooded than open and I think that's the best wooded hole there. :)

These is almost as good as "Post an awesome pic" thread. Someone should start a thread dedicated to pictures of signature holes. Unless it already exists, which in case I will find it eventually

OK, fine. Here's Selah Lakeside's signature hole number 7 from the 564 foot "red" tee, and then looking back from the pin. I doubt you could see the basket if they showed it from the 890 foot "blue" tee.

9d0f0ed5_m.jpg

916a11b8_m.jpg

Double signature hole for me being in the picture? :thmbup: