• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how do you guys grip a midrange disc

same as a driver... power grip...
middle,ring, pinky on the underside to grip the rim. index finger on/along the rim, and thumb on top.

usually a fan grip. Sometimes I can power grip a mid but I find I'm much less accurate that way because I'm used to the thicker rim of drivers when power gripping.

Depends on the shot. I'll use a 3 finger power for more snap and a fan for more touch.

I usally use a fan grip, but I believe the other grip ive been using alot for driving mids and putters is called the birdie grip. (index, ring, and pinky on rim and middle finger fanned out towards the middle for control. This grip does not take any distance of my mids. I can push them out to a little short of 300 using that grip accuratly.

I use a power grip for throwing it far. I'll use a 3 finger power grip for accuracy

I use a Climo fork grip most of the time and a 3 finger split power grip when I need to throw it a bit farther.

Climo Fork grip changed my game with a Buzzz. That solidified my understanding of the midrange game. Give it a shot with a few different discs, because I found it doesn't feel right for me on some of them. Keep at it with good mechanics and it's insanely predictable.

same as a driver... power grip...
middle,ring, pinky on the underside to grip the rim. index finger on/along the rim, and thumb on top.

I might be misunderstanding you here but a power grip has all four fingers under the rim. Either that or I'm going to learn something new :thmbup:

K.

I usally use a fan grip, but I believe the other grip ive been using alot for driving mids and putters is called the birdie grip. (index, ring, and pinky on rim and middle finger fanned out towards the middle for control. This grip does not take any distance of my mids. I can push them out to a little short of 300 using that grip accuratly.

I also grip my mids very similiar to that

Wow, I'd never looked at all of the grip options. I now understand why some of you guys don't like discs with beads. It's not your small hands. It's your grip.

Anyway, I use what looks like a pinch grip but is probably way looser than the description if I'm going for control. If I need a little more power, I use the power grip version 1 (applying pressure with the finger tips).

Fork grip. Switched to it this past summer and its done amazing things for my midrange game.

Sounds like a Climo grip but with index on rim. I'll do that too sometimes.

Heres a picture of how I grip with the birdie grip. I get a good rip off my fingers with it and great control.

2010-10-26_09-48-44_855.jpg