• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Flippy midrange reccomendations?

discchess86

I am finishing up my bag and the midranges I have that are understable is a beat in prime truth which I don't like the feel, and a beat in DX mako3 which is 150g. Any other reccomendations? Btw the prefix has nothing to do with it.

I am not a fan of lightweight mids. I throw a Status as my flippy mid. It IS flippy. I also have an ESP Challenger for an understable driving putter.

West Side Tursas is effectively a DC Meteor but has one of the best stamps in the game.

I'd also recommend the Disc Craft Meteor.

I'd even more recommend using a throwing putter.

I was going to say Stingray, but if you want to stick with something light maybe that's not a good choice. I throw them in 180g and am pretty sure I wouldn't like a 150 stingray.

If you are going that light, maybe something that's only slightly understable at higher weights, like a Fuse?

If you're not stuck on the weight, then I'm back to the Stingray.

I was going to say Stingray, but if you want to stick with something light maybe that's not a good choice. I throw them in 180g and am pretty sure I wouldn't like a 150 stingray.

If you are going that light, maybe something that's only slightly understable at higher weights, like a Fuse?

If you're not stuck on the weight, then I'm back to the Stingray.

150 stingray is sweet but no way i would use it seriously

little wrist flick and it sails all day

little wind and its game over

I love understable discs even though I can throw decent distance.

The lines you can get out of them come in handy when you play in the woods a lot, or if you don't have good FH distance.

DX Stingrays are a good place to start. Will definitely show form flaws.

Meteors are good discs as well, but not necessarily "flippy" right out of the box (especially in Z).

I've tried the Paradox, which was almost too flippy and the Tursas as well (which is a great disc).

Lots of options out there, but ultimately go with what feels comfortable in your hand.

If you like the Mako3, go for more rounded nose and beadless (so Tursas or Meteor would be options).

I am not a fan of lightweight mids. I throw a Status as my flippy mid. It IS flippy. I also have an ESP Challenger for an understable driving putter.
I don't like my 150 mako3 thats why i dont use it and am looking for something else
tursas seems good

A Jester Peace Train in Taffy plastic bumped the VIP Tursas out of my bag, which is not a disc I ever thought would get bumped. The Taffy plastic feels amazing. Similar to Soft Neutron, but gummier.

(I believe the Peace Train is the same mold as the Mint Lobster & TSA Mana.)

Depends how flippy you want. Tursas and meteor are solid, i really like the tursas for having a little more turn and fade than a comet. The glide is cool (if they still make em).

From the MVP camp a neutron uplink is nice, a soft uplink is a little more stable. For a almost stratus like understable disc the Paradox is guaranteed to turn on its own. All rounded nose.

I'll reiterate how flippy are you asking?

There's so many discs on the market these days. Say what you like, don't like, and feel what you're missing from the discs you already own. It'll help others give proper recommendations beyond, "I throw..."

I am finishing up my bag and the midranges I have that are understable is a beat in prime truth which I don't like the feel, and a beat in DX mako3 which is 150g. Any other reccomendations? Btw the prefix has nothing to do with it.

There's so many discs on the market these days. Say what you like, don't like, and feel what you're missing from the discs you already own. It'll help others give proper recommendations beyond, "I throw..."
^ and if OP wants premium/midgrade/baseline plastic blend options, wider vs. small diameter, open to dropping some weight off the disc, Dropping 10-15g can make a difference for a stable mold to a understable one.

Maybe OP can give us an idea of the distance they are looking for and the effort desired to get the disc turning.

DX Jay/Cobra/Stingray can get flippy pretty quick. Sol or Mirage might be a quicker flipping small diameter mid/approach discs. MVP has molded up a number of smaller diameter high turn midranges - Uplink, Paradox, Mint Lobster, TSA Mana, Jester Peace Train.

RDG Iguana, it's amazing for flip up and ride on hyzers and if you hit it flat it can turn and hold the line to the ground.

There's so many discs on the market these days. Say what you like, don't like, and feel what you're missing from the discs you already own. It'll help others give proper recommendations beyond, "I throw."
Yea your right i should have clarified. The mids I currently bag are a 180 champ mako3, 174 revive warship, and 180 eclipse reactor. I also have a prime truth, but I don't like the feel cuz its beaded. I would be looking for a weight heavier than 170 and small diameter cuz my hands are stupid small. I throw about 270 on an average drive. I've heard good things about the uplink, might trade in my rockstar and try to get that. Or maybe I will just tough it out with the truth for now, seeing as I need to curb my dg spending lol.

I throw 180g soft uplinks, with a little stank they hold fairly straight or follow an angle, just a touch of fade... it kinda kicked my relay out of the bag because its so long. I also pack a broken in 176 neutron which will go straight for 80% of the flight then turn anhyzer as it's forward momentum stalls, or hold an anhyzer angle well. I have a 167g soft uplink for easy anhyzer turns but it kinda comes in and out of the bag. I identify as a 300' thrower at sea level.

I find the Paradox kinda touchy, I'm more of a straight (flat or minimal hyzer angle) thrower as opposed to a hyzer flipper.... I do have a 165 Paradox that's great on par-twoozie style courses.

Yea your right i should have clarified. The mids I currently bag are a 180 champ mako3, 174 revive warship, and 180 eclipse reactor. I also have a prime truth, but I don't like the feel cuz its beaded. I would be looking for a weight heavier than 170 and small diameter cuz my hands are stupid small. I throw about 270 on an average drive. I've heard good things about the uplink, might trade in my rockstar and try to get that. Or maybe I will just tough it out with the truth for now, seeing as I need to curb my dg spending lol.
So small diameter, beadless, and pretty flippy (assuming you want it to be flippier than a max weight mako3 and warship). I would say Uplink and Lone Wolf are good choices.

Toughing it out with the truth may be the best bet, learning how to work with more rim shapes (the truth barely has a bead and doesn't feel beaded imo) will help you long run. Opens the door for a much better range of options. Including some of the more unique molds that can really work for you like a comet.