• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do YOU ink discs?

^^This

I used to ink mine, but never got a call on the ones I lost.

Plus as Stardoggy says, resale with no ink is much better than with it.

i still do it. no, ive never gotten a call but i also never resell discs.

you never know though. for several discs that i have successfully returned, i was not the initial finder.

Depending on the color of the disc, I use either a black or silver sharpie. I put the weight, my name and cell number on the rim.

No Ink. I think its bad luck to ink a disc, you're basically saying "I know I'm going to lose this disc"

That's why I don't wear a seat belt when I drive a car. You're just tempting fate. :thmbup:

I ink mine on the inside rim with my name and number although I've been thinking about just putting my email address. I think I'd get more contacts.

I use inside of rim with name, number and date to say when I got it, always like to know how long I've been chunkin' a disc! I also write my initials in big block letters on the top of the disc. That way if I see a missing white Teerex walking up the fairway in someone's hand but my own, I can spot it.

i cant stand ink on disc so i dont do it if i cant find a disc i hope it brings someone who finds it the best luck in the world

I don't sell or trade discs that are staples to my bag so inking them is not an issue.

If I'm still trying the disc out it gets no ink, but when it earns a spot it get my first name, last intial and phone number.

Putting putters just get my pdga number so they are marked

Lots of water holes around our local course that become inaccessible sometimes due to high water.

I've got some friends with wetsuits though who actually return discs. As for the homeless guys retrieving, it's amazing what a tallboy and $5 can get you back. The guy calls me every time he sees anything resembling my name on a disc.

i stopped marking the inside rim, no one ever seems to call back when that is the case.
i mark mine right on the underside or topside of the flight plate with my initials and phone # in hopes people will call. the discs i mark like this have been the only ones i get back.

one of the local guys around here inks his name big and heavy into the flight plate. you can see it from both sides, and everyone knows whose it is so chuckers be damned if they try to jack it (yes we have chuckers around here who will wait at blind holes and then run off with your disc).

one of the local guys around here inks his name big and heavy into the flight plate. you can see it from both sides, and everyone knows whose it is so chuckers be damned if they try to jack it (yes we have chuckers around here who will wait at blind holes and then run off with your disc).

I did that for a while, and I still didn't get them returned. There's a few discs out there with my name and number HUGE across the back.

I did that for a while, and I still didn't get them returned. There's a few discs out there with my name and number HUGE across the back.

last summer i forgot my multiple ace disc on a fairway....stoner moment...sigh. aces written all over the top of the flight plate and my name big on the back. no one ever called me and the two groups behind me didnt say a word....i hate chuckers. i wish we had the casual population like WI, IA, and MN do. the majority really are FIBs I don't deny that.

honestly there has only ever been one person I didnt call back, but thats cause i knew who it was and he screwed my buddies girlfriend while they were dating (at the time he was supposedly my buddies friend too...ya right). I gave it to my friend and told him he could decide what to do with it.

I write my name an number on the inner rim. So far, I've lost like 5 or 6 discs and only one has been returned.

I put the NIN logo on the top of the discs, and last name and phone number on the rim. Problem is, I don't like selling the discs that have been "tattooed", so I've marked less and less of them that way.

I get very few discs back, but haven't lost too many....

We play with a group of guys on Sundays and I don't think a one of them has ever bought a disc. They never call anybody and just use the discs they find. I really don't like them, but it's the only regular round that happens all week. One of the guys played with two of my discs for a couple of months before getting them back to me, always saying he'd get them back to me the next time we played together. Guess it was really to hard to send a text to the damn number on the back and say you had it...

Inside rim with a sharpie and put First Name and FULL (always include area code) Phone Number.
I've had the same cell number for 10+ years so cell number is fine with me. I've received many calls and retrieved my discs back and if my cell number ever changes it's just $16 worth of plastic and I think I'm cool with that since they make continue to make more discs.

I write my name, PDGA, and phone number on it. If its a disc in the testing phase I wont ink it until I decide if I will add it to the bag.

I had an original cherry red SE Teebird returned to me about 5 years ago. That was a surprise. The downside is that somebody had really, really greasy fingers. It almost looks like they coated it in vaseline or something. A rag doesn't help get it off. Anybody have tips there? (It isn't max weight, unfortunately a 165...)

It was a kid who found it, and his mother called me and mailed it to me...

I've added custom dyes to most of the disc that I throw regularly and add my name and phone number on the inside of the rim.

On one of the disc that I found the owner had inked his name and number along with a note that stated "A 6-pack of choice upon return of the disc if found." The owner happened to be on the next hole and made for an easy return.

I had an original cherry red SE Teebird returned to me about 5 years ago. That was a surprise. The downside is that somebody had really, really greasy fingers. It almost looks like they coated it in vaseline or something. A rag doesn't help get it off. Anybody have tips there? (It isn't max weight, unfortunately a 165...)

It was a kid who found it, and his mother called me and mailed it to me...

Goo Gone or Goof Off?

Latest posts