• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you keep track of score?

I enter my score on my Droid phone (AccelGolf App) and refer to that if I play more than 1 round...
If I just play 1 round, I generally enter the scores and putts from memory...

I use the Android app Easy Scorecard. At the end of the round, it emails your score to you (and those you played with), and when I get home I transfer it to the DGCR Scorebook.

Download the free version by scanning this with your barcode reader:
qrcode.png

Download the Pro version for only $0.99 by scanning this code:
qrcode_pro.png

Although I don't use the feature, the latest update to the Pro version added a way to keep track of putts. It also has some handy sorting options if you play a lot of courses or with a lot of different people.

I prefer Chilean Little People using an abacus. I have a large bag, so they have room!!

I use note cards and a pencil or pen. I need to get one of those hand held note books from the dollar store so i dont keep using up note cards though.

So I posed this question a while ago, and really never gave it much thought. I had been using my scorekeeper I picked up from Target, but found most people I played with just kept track in their head. I decided to start doing this, with really the only negative being I wouldn't be able to post or track score online here or at home.

Then I had the best round of my life yesterday, and I am really regretting not keeping track. Guess I will be going back to it!

So I posed this question a while ago, and really never gave it much thought. I had been using my scorekeeper I picked up from Target, but found most people I played with just kept track in their head. I decided to start doing this, with really the only negative being I wouldn't be able to post or track score online here or at home.

Then I had the best round of my life yesterday, and I am really regretting not keeping track. Guess I will be going back to it!

thst is why i want a smallo notebook so i can see my other scores as i go too.

birdie beads

birdie beads..... saw some guy messing with beads on the side of his bag and thought it was some kind of post-hole ritual. then i asked what he was doing and he explained that he has two sets of beads that slide and stay in place, one color for birdies one color for bogies. same guy made me some and i use them everytime i play.

Last edited:
I got a reusable scorecard from the Roswell Disc Golf Club.

They kick ace, you can write and erase pencil over and over.

Those are really good for tourney's with four rounds also. They have some on Ebay for about 5 bucks, but it's easy to make your own if you have laminated paper.

I have never had trouble just keeping score in my head. You just figure how far over/under par you are and then work off of 54 or 27. Then when I post scores in my score book here I know my score at the end and then I just visualize my round and which holes the birdies/bogies were and come up with the right total. Really isn't that hard unless you are playing more than 2 rounds at a time.

Casual rounds I do keep up with it in my head. I also like to use the Wilson electronic counter, sometimes I'll just count with it after the round since I can add on it real quick. But if you play an event with rounds at the same course, it's good to have the reusable score card.

Attachments

• golf counter.jpg
    golf counter.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 13
  • reusable scorecard.jpg
    reusable scorecard.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 18
Plus or Minus par

We don't really have any permanent course anywhere close, so we play with a Traveler target. We simply keep a running tally of over/under par so total scores are typically in the -5 to +5 range. It is easy to remember that way.

The person with the lowest score on a hole has to set the basket, mandos (if any) and par for the next hole. The one with the highest score has to carry the beer cooler, but gets to declare where to tee off from.

By the end of a round we've got a pretty good idea of how close to par we each were, but have no idea how many holes we played :)

We don't really have any permanent course anywhere close, so we play with a Traveler target. We simply keep a running tally of over/under par so total scores are typically in the -5 to +5 range. It is easy to remember that way.

The person with the lowest score on a hole has to set the basket, mandos (if any) and par for the next hole. The one with the highest score has to carry the beer cooler, but gets to declare where to tee off from.

By the end of a round we've got a pretty good idea of how close to par we each were, but have no idea how many holes we played :)

This sounds like my kind of disc golf.

Just keep up with it as I go in my head and then enter it into a flat file that I run a program I wrote that provides me all kinds of cool stats. It's good to see my progression over the years for my averages per course, etc. Every score gets entered regardless of score for a complete 18 hole round.

I used to have a little note book that I had in my bag that I kept track of all my rounds, but it was destroyed when I played in a storm recently. I tried to dry it out, but it was a no go. Now I just made a bunch of score cards up at work on a copier so if I play at a course that does not have score cards I have one.

Biz
Team Bert

Personally i just make a scoresheet online and then print it off. So i will just use that the whole time, and it is actually alot easier than using your head.