• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you organize your discs in bag?

aajpity

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I have often ran into the problem of my mids swallowing the putters in the bag. This is quite annoying. I have 20 discs in my bag now with 3 putters, 6 mids, and 11 drivers. I have two putters in the putter pocket and at that point I lay them fastest to slowest. Photon, Tesla, Volt, etc. (see tag) and sometimes the discs swallow each other and seem to fall out of place in the bag. If I add any discs it's too tight.

I have not had any issues with my mids "swallowing" my putters but instead my mid's seem to "swallow" my fairway drivers (teebirds). So what I do is my mids and putters are faced with the tops of the flight plate facing to center (left if looking from front). The drivers are faced with tops to center (right if looking from front) All discs go from right to left according to speed and stability and it seems to give me the best overall fit.

Speed, stability and finally weight. My bag holds 21 nicely and I can usually add 2-3 more in the main compartment. The only problem with the extra 2-3 is that if the flap is open, they fall out. The 21 seem to stay in place all the time. The putter pocket carries 2 but I'm sure I could put 3-4 but I don't want to ruin the elasticity of the material. The 21 are all domes to the left.

i organize by type of disc and by stability, putters on the left, mids in mid, and drivers on the right. in those groups i put understable on the left and overstable on the right. pretty simple

Line up from left to right with bottoms facing left inside main storage of my grip bag:

Mids then gator (smaller diameter OS MID) throwing putters, fairways, distance drivers.

The gator is key as the separator between the mids and putters. I've had that issue where mids are engulfing the putters. I throw my putters more than my mids anyway so I like having them near the middle..

I organize my discs by the number of aces each one has. They all have none, so they go in the 'whole-bag' slot.

Yes, I'm slightly bitter.

I open my bag, and throw them in. That's the extent of my worry. :D

Pretty much. When I think about it, I put my specialty* discs at the ends, since they're a little harder to pull out. But that system only lasts about 3 holes.

(* - by "specialty", I mean get-out-of-trouble discs that I hope to not use. Super overstable, super understable, and a floater).

My Fade Tournament bag has three sections in the main compartments. Commonly used drivers on one end, commonly used midranges and utility discs at the other. My "putting putter" and Zone in the putter pocket. Seldom used "specialty discs" in the center compartment. If I am feeling really organized I'll keep the drivers and midranges in order of stability, but usually I'm doing good to get them back into the right section.

I have a Grip, and I ran into the same problem with my mids and putters, so my solution is that my bag goes:

far left facing bag_______________________________far right facing bag
distance drivers <--- fairway drivers <--- throwing putters <---Midranges

I typically arrange these from understable to overstable, going to the left, but make some mods to that with backups and discs that I throw less than others

I have often ran into the problem of my mids swallowing the putters in the bag. This is quite annoying. I have 20 discs in my bag now with 3 putters, 6 mids, and 11 drivers. I have two putters in the putter pocket and at that point I lay them fastest to slowest. Photon, Tesla, Volt, etc. (see tag) and sometimes the discs swallow each other and seem to fall out of place in the bag. If I add any discs it's too tight.

I just picked up a fade tourney bag. I have them organized:

- 2 Putters in putter pocket
- 4 putters in first section
- 6 mids in second section
- 4 long range and 4 fairway drivers in third section

I don't arrange them within disc type, I just know to go to my white one, or blue one or purple one depending on the situation.

Ranger bag: left to right- throwing putters (under and over stable) mids (under to overstable) then fairways (under to over) then control drivers (under to over) then distance (under and stable) and a firebird for utility on the far right. 2 overstable putters in the putter pocker and 3 putting putters in the top storage quiver-style. 23 discs total. Probably 2 are on the way out of the bag at any given time.

Like many here, I arrange speed/disc type, the stability, so, from L to R:
Mids from US to OS
Fairways from US to OS
Distance from US to OS
two putters in the quiver

Not only does this allow me to find what I want more quickly (honestly, that time "savings" is truly minimal), but it makes it obvious when something's missing. I get used to the order of colors and disc profiles in my bag, and can tell pretty quickly if something's not there.

I have the Discraft beginner bag. Not much room to store discs, but I do have a system of where I store my discs.

From left to right:
Distance drivers from US to OS, fairway driver, midrange, and then putter.

Simple enough.

I use 3 sections in an older model Innova bag that hold like 30 discs depending on their size.
Extras & Understable
Mids & Stable
Overstable

My trick of keeping track of 28 discs -
I keep the discs I use the most near the dividers so I know where to look quickly. I push the less used discs to the outside edges of the bag and the very center. This way when they get slightly out of order of least to most stable in that class of discs, I am only a few discs from finding it at any given time based on the dividers as I put the one used away next to divider of the section it belongs. It also takes the stress out of making sure I put it back in the exact same spot as I see some players deal with.

I start every round with every disc (14 of them) in their respected place and by the end of the day, the only discs in their original spot are the putters. And it's no guarantee that the putters will be where they should be either.

Latest posts