• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you organize your discs in bag?

Have you ever looked at how someone's bag is organised and determined their home life must be a mess?

Crammed bags give me anxiety.
I always have to have room in my bag in the event discs are found.

It's also fun to reorganize a friend's discs while they drive.

P>D>M RoyGBiv. Beefiest putter in the putter pocket.

Putter pocket: Two putting putters and my Z Zone

Zipper compartment: mini (and a backup for a potential cardmate in a bind) sharpie in case something cool happens.

Main compartment, from left to right.

Wraiths 4x (OS on left, US on right. This follows all the way down.)
Firebirds 2x
Teebirds 2x
Leopard3
Drone 2x
Buzzz 2x
Jawbreaker Zone 2x
Warden (throwing) 2x

The ideal organization in my current bag (Big Hyzer Ergo 2)
Putter pocket - 2 putting putters (Judges) and approach disc (Berg)
Main compartment, top to bottom - putter, mids, fairways, distance drivers all from least stable to most stable in each category

The actual organization of my bag:
After throwing one not completely perfect shot, wherever the hell every disc happens to get placed when blindly shoving it into the bag after picking it up. Followed by panicking on the next tee when I can't find that disc in my bag because it's in the wrong place.

Top Pocket
2 putting putters
3 throwing putters
1 approach disc/woods forehand mid

Left Outside Pocket
Extra drivers, super overstable drivers

Main Pocket
Left -> Right
Distance drivers -> Overstable Control Drivers -> Fairways -> Mids
L -> R
Overstable -> Understable

Right Outside Pocket
Understable control drivers

Shelf Under The Bag
Extra discs for dangerous courses

I don't always use the outside pockets or the shelf below.

Top pocket, Aviars!
Main, From approach and mid on the left
fairways and drivers to the right
Right pocket: Wedges!
Left pocket, towel, sanding block, baseball.

Almost all of my rounds for the past few years have been with my now 6 & 8 year old boys. I use a cheap backpack bag to hold our shared set of discs. While they each have a couple of discs that are their own, they'll use most of mine as well over the course of a round.

Organization is futile, but I count frequently to make sure we don't leave any behind.

Drivers....Mids.....Putters..... and they start out going from fastest to slowest in each category.... Three putters in the top pocket and two in the bottom portion of the bag.....

By the end of the round they are still drivers, mids, putters... but the speed thing will have been overwhelmed by pulling discs in and out.

Putting putters in the top

Then all remaining discs in the bag, no dividers, laying tops to the left.

◀️ Drivers - Throwing Putters - Mids ▶️
◀️ OS - stable - US ▶️

This results in no nesting / hidden discs as well as the most commonly thrown discs are closer to the middle as I don't carry much in the way of very US drivers or very OS mids

Sorted fastest to slowest ...

3 x Wraith
2 x Thunderbirds
3 x Eagle
Spider
Kotuku
Kea
Tui

... and a flippy disc or two. Virus, Pipeline, Leopard3 .... it changes :)

Mine is pretty simple,

Putting putters in the Putter Pocket
Throwing Putters in the front flap Pocket

Then the bag (Left to right)

Approach -> Mids -> Fairway -> Distance
Us - Stable - OS

I'm very OCD about how my discs are organized, my collection at home is the same way.

I sort them by speed category, but then i put my more used discs in the middle of the bag.

so from left to right:
Fairway drivers stable to understable
mids stable to understable
throwing putters
Distance drivers understable to stable

That way i have my most overstable distance and fairway drivers at the most outside positions of my bag, cause i rarely use them. I am a hyzer flip guy with an ultimate background (release everything on hyzer) and need flippy discs.

In the middle are my throwing putters and mids which are my most used discs.

Hole 1: OS drivers, US drivers, mids, putters.
By hole 9: more or less random. My driver usually is in my putter pouch.

^this.

I start the round having my disc slightly organized. Most used in the middle, least used on the ends. By the end of the round its well mixed. And yeah, my driver and/or putter spend a lot of time in the top pouch. I do need to get better at putting them one direction. There is NOTHING worse than grabbing a disc and having it get hooked on another discs rim:wall:

Latest posts