• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

• Total voters
TECHNIQUE TECHNIQUE TECHNIQUE....tx for the quality posting...hope you don't run your tourneys like you answered the ???....starting to push you in the category of the rest who will not answer the ??? which started all this...

anyone else want to call out nate.....and most importantly...not answer the question? Look up fillbusters.....and your not gaining brownie points from others by putting me down...hoping they will attend you disc golf tourneys...

as for nonprofit....funny, these types of organizations are under the most scrutiny, because they are 4profit....not to hate....but don't get in the war of words and respond to the question with something more than TECHNIQUE....is that how you get suckers to drive that far north?....score one nate and the scum bags

What exactly is your question?

Haters gonna hate....
Before Nate, everyone complained about frank, before frank, it was apoth, before apoth it was 80. Wake up people! The world is way more fun with different opionions!

I, btw, enjoy postings from all the forementioned:)

Hey craft...my boy aced on #14, but had to use a massive anhyzer. I do see a lane to the NEW basket on the high right, but you need something with speed and that can turn a little. I go at it with an ESP flash as hard as I can. Still trying to punch it through the 5by5 foot lane on the right tucked close to the hill line. Sounds like a shot to take during the spring time with less leaves and all, but it is there.

The anhyzer lane is there too, but you better hook something huge, maybe a light pro katana, a light viking, maybe flash, maybe SurgeSS.

gl... :thmbup:

What exactly is your question?

lets talk about the answer...TECHNIQUE, TECHNIQUE, TECHNIQUE.....sounds like a quality post, and I didn't even make it...

Scoot, the ?? was of how to best get the distance. Lithi said OAT, but that is somewhat vague. Looking for more insight, that's all...and to pay lithi back for the wonderful responses he has posted for me or about me.

How to hold the putter may be enough to answer this question....leave the rest up to bigdictatr&daIdahotwins

lets talk about the answer...TECHNIQUE, TECHNIQUE, TECHNIQUE.....sounds like a quality post, and I didn't even make it...

Scoot, the ?? was of how to best get the distance. Lithi said OAT, but that is somewhat vague. Looking for more insight, that's all...and to pay lithi back for the wonderful responses he has posted for me or about me.

How to hold the putter may be enough to answer this question....leave the rest up to bigdictatr&daIdahotwins

Getting rid of OAT is what he meant to say and you can learn that by throwing a Comet.....or I would learn to use an Ultrastar/J-Star and a putter which will clean up any flaws you have and will also allow you to throw your drivers farther.

I once had HORRIBLE OAT when I was a "kid" and the only way I worked it out was by using my mids and putters until I figured out how to throw them correctly (for me that meant changing my grip as well)

250 is about my limit, using a Voodoo. Though I do throw them on longer holes to hold turnover lines if accuracy is more important than distance.

TECHNIQUE TECHNIQUE TECHNIQUE....tx for the quality posting...hope you don't run your tourneys like you answered the ???....starting to push you in the category of the rest who will not answer the ??? which started all this...

Maybe nobody wants to answer your question because you have an obnoxious way of asking it.

anyone else want to call out nate.....and most importantly...not answer the question? Look up fillbusters.....and your not gaining brownie points from others by putting me down...hoping they will attend you disc golf tourneys...

I didn't call you out. You have done enough of that for yourself. I also do not advertise any events on this site.

as for nonprofit....funny, these types of organizations are under the most scrutiny, because they are 4profit....not to hate....but don't get in the war of words and respond to the question with something more than TECHNIQUE....is that how you get suckers to drive that far north?....score one nate and the scum bags

Every penny of the organization has gone to benefit the local community; Free Disc Golf Clinics, Course/Park Maintenance, and other Disc Golf Events. All of the money has been raised by disc golfers and donated by Hole Sponsors. The organization was also lucky enough to secure a $5000 grant from Home Depot as well.

I don't get suckers to drive north. Normally suckers swim in water, as suckers are fish.

I am sure you are a nice enough person to throw a round with, but your posts could at least be a bit more considerate and not so blatantly aggressive and nasty. In your last post, you even attacked an organization that you no ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT. There was and is no need for such garbage.

As for Technique of throwing a putter over 500' -

I wouldn't know, as I don't even attempt to throw that far with a putter on a disc golf course. But I will put forth my best assumption.

I am theorizing-

A short run up into an X-Step
Using a Fork Grip or some variation of stacked digits
Most likely a heavier weighted overstable putter
And a wide open space

but just so you know, there is currently a 15 year old who can toss drivers over 650' ... so anything is possible

Maybe nobody wants to answer your question because you have an obnoxious way of asking it.

I didn't call you out. You have done enough of that for yourself. I also do not advertise any events on this site.

Every penny of the organization has gone to benefit the local community; Free Disc Golf Clinics, Course/Park Maintenance, and other Disc Golf Events. All of the money has been raised by disc golfers and donated by Hole Sponsors. The organization was also lucky enough to secure a $5000 grant from Home Depot as well.

I don't get suckers to drive north. Normally suckers swim in water, as suckers are fish.

I am sure you are a nice enough person to throw a round with, but your posts could at least be a bit more considerate and not so blatantly aggressive and nasty. In your last post, you even attacked an organization that you no ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT. There was and is no need for such garbage.

As for Technique of throwing a putter over 500' -

I wouldn't know, as I don't even attempt to throw that far with a putter on a disc golf course. But I will put forth my best assumption.

I am theorizing-

A short run up into an X-Step
Using a Fork Grip or some variation of stacked digits
Most likely a heavier weighted overstable putter
And a wide open space

but just so you know, there is currently a 15 year old who can toss drivers over 650' ... so anything is possible

724ft I believe............Farther than anything Avery has officially thrown.

Thanks Todd, and thanks for the clarification and insight...and yes, I am the ideal guy to play a round with. As for your cause...Kudos...to your dedication. I play north, but never on the Alpena side. You recommend a course(s):thmbup:?

Sorry to bring you in this, but there is a small war going on in the forum these dayz...apparently it has been going on for some time now. :popcorn:

Just keep posting, the knowledge will get to the right place sometime...I did put a nice post(advice) in the "photos of course" forum, but it disappeared. Hope this meets the demands of what is considered quality information around here.

gl...:p

Oh, so now I can't stop posting for a few hours or he freaks out. It's about technique. Snap I said will allow you to throw farther than oat, Jack ass. You're the one that said you can't get a destroyer past 350'. Lmfao

As for the Alpena Area Courses... (we have two, which are the only ones on the East Side of Northern Lower MI)

Eagle Country DGC was established in 2006 by a group of students participating in a special program. There are Nine Baskets on this course, but 18 holes, as each basket has two separate teeing areas. The front nine has concrete teepads while the back nine are natural teepads marked by posts. This course is rather short, as there are only two holes over 400', but technicals shots are needed as there are quite a few blind drives and excellent use of elevation.

Lumberjack Meadows DGC was established in 2009 and is not fully completed. Permanent Signage for the course is currently being completed and a grand opening will be held in the Fall of 2010 (looking like September 11th, 2010). This course is fairly wide open and consists of 18 complete holes with DGA baskets and concrete teepads. The front nine flows through a cedar/pine tree forest that tend to snag some discs. The back nine is slightly scattered across open fields divided by rock walls that have existed for many decades. This course is considerably longer than Eagle Country DGC and is more of a "big arm" course. They sit within a few miles of each other and both are easy to find.

The next nearest courses to Alpena are in Grayling, Petoskey, and Pinconning (all approximately 80 miles away)

Here Lithi, Lithi!

Oh, so now I can't stop posting for a few hours or he freaks out. It's about technique. Snap I said will allow you to throw farther than oat, Jack ass. You're the one that said you can't get a destroyer past 350'. Lmfao

Lithi...I was explaining a 350 foot shot(which I aced)...thats it...but you are too consumed with going against the grain that it has obviously impaired your vision....

Your claim was snap gives distance. My claim is that using OAT(or not using snap) can be used by beginners, since it is easier for me at least to execute(assuming a beginner may just want to see that it works). I then told you of a hole I aced, that if I did not know about OAT, I would of never been able to do it. And for the record, I can throw Mr. Destroyer 400 without snap(or in your terms...use of OAT)...

As others later posted...snap is not everything...much like your understanding of how to make posts worth reading...namely tracking me down and giving me compliments.

since your such a fan of mine...can you show me and the others where I posted this statement...where I state I can only throw a destroyer the length you claim I posted(350)?....tx pal
:hfive:

Lithi...I was explaining a 350 foot shot(which I aced)...thats it...but you are too consumed with going against the grain that it has obviously impaired your vision....

Your claim was snap gives distance. My claim is that using OAT(or not using snap) can be used by beginners, since it is easier for me at least to execute(assuming a beginner may just want to see that it works). I then told you of a hole I aced, that if I did not know about OAT, I would of never been able to do it. And for the record, I can throw Mr. Destroyer 400 without snap(or in your terms...use of OAT)...

As others later posted...snap is not everything...much like your understanding of how to make posts worth reading...namely tracking me down and giving me compliments.

since your such a fan of mine...can you show me and the others where I posted this statement...where I state I can only throw a destroyer the length you claim I posted(350)?....tx pal
:hfive:

You have NO clue what OAT is.......

I also like how he's trying to claim I'm following him around now? But, he's the one that has pmed me and followed me around threads I had posted in to mock me. Ahh, ignorance is bliss.

NateDiscFlip
Par Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Elephant
Why do you feel the need to turn every thread into a flame war. Can't we all peacefully coexist?
Sorry, try to keep the peace...but how does he do it?...seriously...I can't even do it tourquing over a destroyer...well just the ace @#14 Flip...lol...peace yall!
you were refering to me throwing a putter 350', then you posted that. So you do the math..... Or is your mathematics skills as bad as your English skills?

He said in the technique thread I called him on his **** he didn't know what Oat, just that it worked. Which it does, but telling a beginner to use oat is like telling them to throw a boss on anything under 300 like he throws his destroyers.

I saw an 11 year old who had never played disc golf before throw a Banger GT 275 feet yesterday. It was a roller. :) ...and we measured it, so there is no exaggeration on the distance.

Latest posts