• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

• Total voters
I voted 250', seeing I can get my Vibram VP about 10-15' short of the pin on hole #1 at my local course which is 268'.

So Nate, did you read my post on the other page? You have a response?

Lmao, now you won't even read the post to humor us all. You're getting selfish on the lulz, I'm waiting to hear the info too.

You came to me first...for the record
Not knowing you and popping in a thread about technique, is going to you? Lawlz, keep up that lie along with the rest of them. You'll continue to live in your fantasy land anyway.

Last edited:
Lmao, now you won't even read the post to humor us all. You're getting selfish on the lulz, I'm waiting to hear the info too.

Not knowing you and popping in a thread about technique, is going to you? Lawlz, keep up that lie along with the rest of them. You'll continue to live in your fantasy land anyway.

Flagged him for trolling.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/announcement.php?f=4

he is scum on our boards.
natediscflip your arguments do not help. so dont argue. offer your advice then move along. no need to fight.

Oh, won't the world be so much better now?
He asked questions, I provided answers. Now he won't read the post, how is that trolling? You should read the rules of trolling.

Oh, won't the world be so much better now?
He asked questions, I provided answers. Now he won't read the post, how is that trolling? You should read the rules of trolling.

he starts arguments that are nothing more than clutter. When I open a thread looking for information i like to see it with out all the bull ****.

Nate is just misinformed, not a troll. He's terrible at trolling if he's trying to, Lulz.

...but why?

I'll try to slip in an honest question inbetween all the guys with flamethrowers in this thread. :p

I normally toss my putter up to maybe 150ft unless a specific situation calls for something out of the ordinary. I can throw my putter further than 150ft,(Organic Wizard) but dont really see the need. I mean, why do we have midrange discs if folks say they use a putter out to 350'. Arent midrange discs better at holding lines and shaping shots than a putter? Ken Climo may be able to throw a 300' flex shot through the woods with his Aviar, but I dont think that many of us could.

I'm not saying that someone 'cant' throw 250 or 300 or 350' with a putter, I'm just curious why.

Lets say that someone tosses their putter out to 300'. Alrighty...how far do you throw your Roc, Shark, Mako, Cobra, Stingray, or any disc with a speed from 4-5. 350'....400'. If so, how far can you huck a Teebird? 425 -450'? Then geesh...you must be throwing a Sidewinder, or Wraith, or Boss out to like 550'+.

Seems to me that if you're throwing a putter 250-300 then your bag would consist of a bunch of putters, like 2 mid&fairway utility discs, and a bunch of drivers.

I guess that this poll isn't necessarily an indication of the distance that any of you may choose to throw a putter, but more of just max capability. In that case my question isnt really that realavant. :doh:

Lets say that someone tosses their putter out to 300'. Alrighty...how far do you throw your Roc, Shark, Mako, Cobra, Stingray, or any disc with a speed from 4-5. 350'....400'. If so, how far can you huck a Teebird? 425 -450'? Then geesh...you must be throwing a Sidewinder, or Wraith, or Boss out to like 550'+.

You're probably close with the distance ranges. 300 for a putter, 350 with a Roc, 400 with Teebirds and 450+ with Wraiths, Xcals, Bosses, etc. The nice thing about driving with the putter is the fact that it will have little fade. In fact pushing Rocs out really far was the same result, and so on. Not sure if you'd find alot of understable discs in bags of guys with that kind of distanc, though.

I've found that even at my 250 max putter distance, I can get a higher throw that will sorta float down to the ground. Also, my putter will tend to hold turning lines on both hyzer and anhyzer releases all the way to the ground, making it useful for tight fairways and placement shots. Now if I want a shot to fade bigger or to throw an S-shot at "shorter" distance I'll use a Roc.

Seems to me that if you're throwing a putter 250-300 then your bag would consist of a bunch of putters, like 2 mid&fairway utility discs, and a bunch of drivers.

What you need would depend on the course. My local short (>5000 ft) courses I use mostly putters, mids, and maybe a couple of drivers. But on a bigger course (>8000 ft) and somewhat open, I'm throwing alot of fairway and distance drivers off of the tee.

Long but technical courses, I'm throwing alot of mids and fairways for control. A supply of Roc, Eagles, and Teebirds, all in different wear stages becomes vital.

I'll try to slip in an honest question inbetween all the guys with flamethrowers in this thread. :p

I normally toss my putter up to maybe 150ft unless a specific situation calls for something out of the ordinary. I can throw my putter further than 150ft,(Organic Wizard) but dont really see the need. I mean, why do we have midrange discs if folks say they use a putter out to 350'. Arent midrange discs better at holding lines and shaping shots than a putter? Ken Climo may be able to throw a 300' flex shot through the woods with his Aviar, but I dont think that many of us could.

I'm not saying that someone 'cant' throw 250 or 300 or 350' with a putter, I'm just curious why.

I guess that this poll isn't necessarily an indication of the distance that any of you may choose to throw a putter, but more of just max capability. In that case my question isnt really that realavant. :doh:

For me the distances between putters, mids, and drivers are not as far apart as u make them 2 b. For me, in a round of golf, not just hukkin, putters to about 250, mids 2 about 310, fairway drivers 2 360, and I throw my distance drivers max of 420'. For me it is around a 40'/50' golf distance (just hukkin the #s would be closer together) between each level of disc.

I use my putter on any open hole under 320ft and feel much more comfortable with judging the distance with the putters than a Buzzz or Wasp.

Ceiling has a lot to do with it as many 280ft holes I use a Buzzz because there is no room for a putter. I have a lot of mids and three different putter molds of which I drive with a Focus and Rattler and in truth I feel that I can throw straight shots and high anhyzers better with these than a Mid.

I can get my putters 350........Buzzz not much farther but I know I can hit 380' although I never have a reason to.........Tracker to 400-410.......Avenger to 430..........and Forces about 470......and those last few are on straight golf lines not distance.

When it comes to D the Forces get over 500 and Nukes to about 550.

Basically for me I am really good at throwing "Frisbees" and prefer the putter over most disc when it comes to putting in right by the pin so if I can reach it I usually go with the putter.

The last part by scooter, accuracy vs distance. Slower disc are more accurate. Less fade usually when you stretch your disc's distance out as someone stated above. Don't need many under stable disc when you're throwing that far. I can reach 350 with my putters, but like Scooter, it's generally 320 or less. My Mids I've thrown 380, but I use them for generally 320-350. And, you can always disc up when when wind is present. If you can throw a putter 250'-300' standing still, but there is wind. Then a mid will get there with less problems in the wind.

Ceiling has a lot to do with it as many 280ft holes I use a Buzzz because there is no room for a putter. I have a lot of mids and three different putter molds of which I drive with a Focus and Rattler and in truth I feel that I can throw straight shots and high anhyzers better with these than a Mid.
Putters shape lines like a dream. <3 I agree with this statement.

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs on level ground in calm conditions? Please specify what disc you use.

About 350 feet max controlled distance. No video though because no one cares enough to ask me for one :p

Skipped to the last page, missed the mid-thread flamewar.

I normally toss my putter up to maybe 150ft unless a specific situation calls for something out of the ordinary. I can throw my putter further than 150ft,(Organic Wizard) but dont really see the need.

I choose to use my putter in absolutely any situation I can, unless I feel there's a more practical disc in my bag to use. My "comfortable" flat ground putter range in 330 feet, between that and 350 and my accuracy tends to start dropping off. I throw my midrange (QMS) up to 375, Teebirds a little past 400 and distance drivers about 440 but I'm still getting used to them, just started using them seriously this past week..

I would point your question back at you, that is if I can get there with a putter, why would I throw anything else?

On most holes, I'll throw a driver once and a putter for my upshot and putt. Many holes I throw it for all 3 shots. That means my putter is easily my most familiar disc, which is the first reason I drive with it when I can. Second, it's the most accurate. Also has the least fade. Nothing else I've thrown is as accurate and controllable under 330 feet for me as a Wizard. I find they shape lines just fine too. I throw tunnel shots, 300+ feet anhyzers, 320 feet hyzers and overhand shots with mine. Being able to throw it over 300 feet from a standstill has gotten me a drop in 3 after screwing up my drive more times than I can count. I rely on my putters more than the rest of my bag combined.

My Wizard is my favorite driver.

Latest posts