• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

• Total voters
I just played Roscoe Ewing for the first time a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Looking forward to playing it again soon.

Arboretum is where I was introduced to the game. It's remained a favorite. There's some holes I'd enjoy having a few more trees to shoot through, but it offers a good variety of shots and the scenery is great.

Have you played Dover? I think that's my favorite. It's got some great long holes for opening up on playing from whites and blues, and the red tees have a lot of fun putter shots. Nearly 3'd hole 1 from the white today :)

I played Dover and I've got a noodle arm so it was a challenge to me and was even worse that I brought the Fiance and 8 year old (at the time). Would like to get some more distance up before going again and also, just me and a buddy go out who both can handle it. My son and fiance just layed on the side of the last hole as I finished and my son I guess said to my fiance "We are going to die out here, aren't we?"

I will say I wish there was more play with some trees there as it seemed to get a little monotonous toward the end when throwing up and down the hills, but still is the course that I know I want to get better to be able to play it more adeptly.

Just did my first "Putter Only" round in a while. Was getting my KC-Pro Aviar out to around 200' and my brand new R-Pro Rhyno out to around 175'. I was having trouble with my Opto Pure turning right and rolling over, so I've got some work to do there.

I feel like if I continue to work with these putter I can increase this distance some. I can see where it is much more about form and smoothness than about strong-arming it.

I answered 200' because that's the distance to which my results are reliable. I can throw my FLX Challenger farther than that, but when I try to get much beyond 200' or so, my results are less predictable. I get more consistent results with my mids in the low 200's - 240' or so than I get with my P&A discs. Chances are my technique is limiting what I get out of my discs, but that's where I'm at.

Im have thrown KC's over 350 before but its not something that I would really ever do

Yeah the max I typically use a putter for on the course is more like 330', and even then I'll use a mid for certain 300' holes, or even a driver in certain situations.

I answered 200' because that's the distance to which my results are reliable. I can throw my FLX Challenger farther than that, but when I try to get much beyond 200' or so, my results are less predictable. I get more consistent results with my mids in the low 200's - 240' or so than I get with my P&A discs. Chances are my technique is limiting what I get out of my discs, but that's where I'm at.

I think Bogey borrows my arm without me knowing it.

I run my Wizards at most open holes within 220', but in an open field with no regards to score, I can get them out to about 250-265'.

I totally read this wrong and lied :popcorn:

I've gotten almost 300 out of a Wizard (slightly uphill landing area, too), but I'm going to go with 225' because I can hit that pretty consistently and I'm not one for "Internet distance."

I think Bogey borrows my arm without me knowing it.
Hey, I only did it once! Somehow, I got you and McBeast mixed up, thought I was borrowing his arm.
When I realized realized it wasn't any better than my own, I returned it.

I promise, I only played a round with it.

...or was that played around with it? :p

Last edited:
I've gotten almost 300 out of a Wizard (slightly uphill landing area, too), but I'm going to go with 225' because I can hit that pretty consistently and I'm not one for "Internet distance."

I feel like I'm cheating myself on here by using my actual distances.

I internet throw 425' on internet golf lines. Yeah...that feels nice.

Yeah the max I typically use a putter for on the course is more like 330', and even then I'll use a mid for certain 300' holes, or even a driver in certain situations.

Pretty much, I dont throw a lot of putter, its a lot of rocs and firebirds in that range

Pretty much, I dont throw a lot of putter, its a lot of rocs and firebirds in that range

Likewise. I much prefer to throw a roc to a putter on most approaches over 200. That said, I'm blown away by how far I can push my PA4 with control. Really an amazing flyng disc.

I can get my wizards out to at least 250' on most lines, I can push them out to about 280' though if there's no ceiling and I have lots of room to work with.

Things have changed since I posted this 3 years ago. :)

Now I can consistently throw 300' with a wizard, and can get 350' in an open field with no ceiling.

I thought this was a new thread, and I was like ... am I lying? I can't throw a putter farther than Mash :confused:

Latest posts