• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
I've been close once. On hole #3 at Rosland Park in Edina (my home course), I've missed by a few inches twice. I'm hoping I can get one this summer

Got my first ace today after playing almost 5 months. Hole 1 at Timmons, 208ft, ESP Comet. Hit a tree about 6ft to the right of the basket and bounced in. I was in shock. :eek:

Started playing in September, got an ace this May so, 8 months or so (Truckee River #7 - 216')
I won't call it my "first" ace because that would imply I expect to get another one, thus ensuring I don't.

First Ace was on a casual round on my own after 3months. Approx 200´hole... Have not done it since, but got metal a few times. Played for 1 year now

I haven't had one yet and i started last may. I've greaatly improved, and am actuaally decent now. I'm feeelin it in me gizzard that I'm gonna nail my first one soon.

Just got my first ace yesterday at Dexter, OR (hole #10) playing a casual round with some friends! I've been playing for a few years, but only more frequently within about the last year or so. Funny thing is we had played a couple rounds earlier in the day and somebody moved the pin at some point while we were playing our second round. Then, during round 3, I threw a sidearm anny shot at the new placement that couldn't have been more perfect... It just glided right into the center of the chains. I was so shocked I almost forgot to celebrate.

I started this thread on 7/7/2009.... On 6/4/2011 I got my 1st ace on hole 14 at Grignon park in Kaukauna, WI. It was a short and lucky ace, as it bounced of a tree into the basket on a '164 hole, used a kc pro roc, which I purchased a few weeks earlier. Great feeling!

How long was it before your first ACE?

How long had you been playing when you got your first ace?

still hunting down that elusive ace...

i've made eagle on a par 4 three times. that's as close as ive come to glory.

I had four aces within my first three years.

I've hit metal half a dozen times since but no chain bangers.

took me about 7 years to get my first ace, then had 3 more in the matter of 2 or so weeks. 1 (my second) was a crazy fluke, but like after 7 years of ZERO i get 4 in the matter of 15 days? kinda odd if you ask me...