• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long have you played?

How long have you been playing disc golf?

• 0-1 years

Votes: 53 27.7%
  • 1-5 years

Votes: 77 40.3%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • 11-15 years

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • 16-20 years

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • 20+ years

Votes: 15 7.9%

• Total voters
I started playing in early May with a DX Cobra my friend had found with no ink. A week later I bought a DX Teebird and a Pro D Banger GT. Feels like I'll playing for a long time :).

Started out last summer, because my two college-aged sons were home for probably the last summer. We played every day. Played some days until my forefinger was bleeding. Played through an elbow injury. Thoroughly enjoyed the summer and now I'm so far gone, I can't look back. One of my boys still plays, but now i can beat him at DG.
Sweet.
He's somewhere practicing so that he can kick my arse next time we play.

We actually started in 1998 but only played maybe a dozen times at newport news park, when we moved to Ballston Spa NY we could not find a course so we stopped until April this year.

To call us hooked is like calling Scarface a casual user.

I started in late Oct. of last year. Then couldn't play for like three months because of two broken thumbs. Wish I had heard of this game at a younger age also.

I fall in the young group. Started last summer and didn't pick it up again until the end of this spring. Due to other sports, and a broken wrist. Love the game to death though.

started when i was 2 years old playn with my dad and his buddy, im 18 now, so about 16 years

he actuly used to carry me in a little basket thing when i was like 3 months old, but i dont think that counts?

I'm serving a nickel as well. Will be 2 years this August. First 5 months are so I was just drinking beer with the occasional disc throw, now I never drink on the course. (Well, not never).

I started playing about 6 years ago. Played a lot those first 2 years and then barely played the last 3. This year I felt the urge to return to the sport and for the first time am approaching it no longer as casual.

6 or 7 years for me.

This year is first Ive really gotten to be a regular. Helps when your GF/Wife or whatever you have plays. I remember her complaining about me playing before but then got me a Rubber Putter for my birthday. Gotta rub the dogs nose in it I guess.

I have been playing since early June of this year, so about 2 months. I have been playing pretty seriously from the start though; I have trouble enjoying things if I'm not good at them. Disc golf is really challenging though, so I love trying to improve my game.

Last edited:
Depends what you consider playing...

I was introduced to disc golf in 1994 (Austin) but it was completely recreational.

Once I obtained a bag and my own discs... about 97, that is what I would consider my
starting point. I played "am divisions" for 1.5 seasons in the Adv Master ranks and then
moved to Pro Masters.... been there ever since.