• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do I need!?!

Wow. I got a couple of those 170 dx cheetahs and threw one of them a couple of times well out past 300. I know one of them drove a 350 foot hole (admittedly somewhat downhill). I've never driven that hole before, though I've tried T-birds, gazelles, banshees, firebirds, vikings, valks, and sidewinders. Garubdalor knows what he's talking about. If you are throwing less than 320, go with putter, midrange (e.g., roc or buzz), and either cheetah or polaris ls.

I appreciate everyones suggestions. I'm going to soak it all in and work on my game with those ideas in mind. I've already improved over this last week and am stoked to get out and try some new techniques! Thanks!

Lets see ... Wizard, Buzzz, teebird and add that to ur sidewinder.
= 4 discs

I start new players out with a Magnet and a Buzz , and they seem to learn the game very quickly like that.

How many discs do you need? 1

How many do you want? All of them!

Seriously though, what Midnightbiker says is true. Buzzz's and Magnets make fine starter discs for pretty much everyone.

just dont make the same mistake i did..... if you try out a disc while youre beginning and you dont like it. be sure to stay open minded. as your game progresses, those discs you "couldnt throw" will end up being a corner stone in your bag. i hated the buzz truth be told. now i have 4 in my bag. just be sure to keep an open mind as you get better

Welcome. All the disc suggestions are good ones. Also, find players that are better than you and start playing with them. Ask them lots of questions, take their criticism constructively, don't get discouraged, and most importantly, have fun! Most fun always wins.