• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many midranges have you owned/thrown before finding the one?

started with a shark back in the day.
used an x stratus for years and years.
grabbed a buzzz and used that for years.
found a sentinel a few years ago, and a buzzz ss about the same time.
got a tangent this year, and the buzzz ss has been relegated to the closet boxes.

today I bag a sentinel for the mid fade line, a lightly seasoned z buzzz for the lazer beams, and a neutron tangent for the long anny lines. I would be hard pressed to pick just one of the three, but it would have to be the sentinel.

I think it's fair to say that the majority of disc golfers use a buzzz or roc as their mid. Did you go straight to those or have you thrown other mids before/after and found you liked something else more? What mids have you owned and which ones do you still use? Also, are there any mids that you would like to try?

I carry 3 Rocs, 1 Meteor, 1 Wasp and 1-2 Comets normally. I started out throwing Innova DX Gremlins but these are rare and I do not want to risk breaking or losing them but will occasionally carry one. I also used to throw Skeeters and Gators when they came out and still catch hell about the Skeeters from several golfers including a world class player in SC.

I've rattled more chains with a dx Roc vs. all the rest. When I play alone, I bring alot of mids and throw them all on the same shot to compare fairly. I like the Wasp too.

Have bagged Shark, Roc, Comet, Hornet, Wasp, Buzzz, Suspect, at one time or other, none in the bag atm, but it's possible I might re-bag'em some day.

Currently bagged (from least to greatest stability) Stratus, 150 Storm, Ibex, Warship, Nebula, Drone. Don't use the Drone or Storm often, Ibex is my go to.

Verdict/Truth/Suspect/Fugitive/Tursas work for me. I've thrown Rocs, Roc3s, Buzzzs, comets, Wasps, ghosts, sharks, hornets, maces, Spider, Coyote, Vector, panther, fuse, core, pain, tensor, zones and drones.

i didn't try as many mids as i did drivers and putters.

comet, fuse, core, pain, axis, vector, tensor, tangent, md2, mace, ghost, wasp, alias.

finally settled on the ghost/comet combo. can't beat it IMO.

I was bagging quite a few and still will at times. I really enjoy the feel and flight and speed of mid ranges.

But the only midranges that are a staple of my bag are a clear Lucid Truth and a Classic Soft Suspect. If I don't have these I end up in a situation on the course where I hold my fist up to the air and shake it! :wall: I will also sometimes yell My Life at that point if I'm really really upset.

I started out with a shark and a cobra both in dx then tried a star mako but then i found a z plastic tye dye buzzz ss. I also throw a 12x kc pro roc that hasnt failed me yet.

Ive always had a Buzzz. Its the one mold that has never really left the bag, ever. Always my go to mid.

Started with a regular catch frisbee used it for years. Then my buddy had some real golf discs and out drove me by like 200 feet. Next day I got a starter set at kmart or something - think the mid was called a mercury? Used it for a while. Then I got an innova starter set with a dx shark. Then the sickness took hold and I bought everything under the sun. The coyote has been the one that's always stuck though - it just does what I want and I don't see it leaving the bag. Now I use it almost exclusively for approach, never off the tee. I'm still looking for the one. Right now the warship is number one. I want to like a dx roc but I can't trust it. Had several that went from over stable to flippy pieces of crap in a a few tree hits. Can't get that beat to straight money that I'm looking for. Like the roc, buzzz and warship - can't decide. I keep rotating them hoping one will stand out

Started with a skeeter and a buzzz. I didnt really care for either of them. Found rocs and havent really looked back. I carry 5 rocs in the bag. I did mess around with a gator for utility shots and I just put a M2 into the bag. Its great since its more OS than my rocs.

Find the "one"? Lol, I hope that'll happen someday. The first 'main' mid was a star mako, however I was never really consistent with it. It was backed up by a champion shark. Since switched to buzzz/drone pairing, but can't say I've "fallen" for it. Decided to try a Roc3, and I must say I like it. Need more rounds to make my mind! I'd like to try a mcpro roc3 cycle... Just cuz it sounds like fun. Never fell for kc pro. Probably can blame impatience for that.. I ramble.

I like the topic!

Cheers!

I started off with the Buzzz and have thrown that for the last two years. In order to get all the shots I want from my midrange slot I've complemented the Buzzz with the Zone, M2, and Meteor. I've very recently taken out the Buzzz, M2 and meteor and now have a Sentinel for stable to overstable, and 3 rocs for everything from stable to turnover. I'm really big on the idea of mold minimalization, so I'm finding the Roc a bit more versatile than the Buzzz right now. I also enjoy the feel and grip of the base plastic better, and sadly Pro D Buzzzes aren't nearly as nice as DX/KC Rocs.

Well....

Shark, Panther, Coyote, Cro, Mace, Pain, Roc, Buzz, Kite (insert kite joke here), M3, Midari, Atlas, and many others before I learned that Roc3's are perfect for me

I have also been playing since I was a kid so...

Whoa, you've been playing for 29.5 years and never threw a Wolf? Go on, throw that thing one time and watch it go right.

I found an un-inked Wolf while hunting for another disc. I had heard it was a poor disc. I test threw it a few times, and was like, "whoa, this is bad!" It definitely was not in the running for my bag at all.

It is now one of my cat's water dish... :D

I used the R-Pro DART for a couple years, then switched to the Z-Line BUZZZ. I've since used the Star MAKO for a while and am now using the Champ ROC3. Right now the ROC3 just seems to click perfectly. If I throw too high it dives a little and digs into the dirt near the basket, if I throw too low, is skips and slides until its within putting range. This has been my experience a lot of the time.

My 1st midrange........

54957_g.jpg

Also had a Discraft Marauder & Lightning Spitfire, back in the day.

But alas, the Roc was THE midrange for me. 1st Run Star Mako is also in the bag

Latest posts