• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people play disc golf in the snow?

no snow here but id like to try

I do not play in the snow. I live in Californie. I will play this weekend at the Veterans Park in Sylmay. It might get as cold as 65F.

I just played at Central Park in Grayslake in 28 degree weather with 2 inches of snow!

Just finished playing in the snow at South Mountain PA...was having a really fun peaceful time until I lost my star beast ....perfect throw too but it was a bit of a blind hole and I have no idea where it is...after a fruitless 60 minute search on Planet Hoth with the sun closing fast I called it a day after 12 holes.....its pretty but it just sucks losing discs......I don't know who these jerks are who claim to never lose discs...I think they play pansy courses with no danger, pansy conditions no leaves, foliage, snow etc.., and play 2x a yr. I really hate reading that theres guys who make comments like I have not lost a disc in 2 yrs of playing...go to hell! OK can you tell I just walked in the door after losing a brand new $20 disc I'm a bit angry!!!! Thats like the 4th disc Ive lost this week!

Just finished playing in the snow at South Mountain PA...was having a really fun peaceful time until I lost my star beast ....perfect throw too but it was a bit of a blind hole and I have no idea where it is...after a fruitless 60 minute search on Planet Hoth with the sun closing fast I called it a day after 12 holes.....its pretty but it just sucks losing discs......I don't know who these jerks are who claim to never lose discs...I think they play pansy courses with no danger, pansy conditions no leaves, foliage, snow etc.., and play 2x a yr. I really hate reading that theres guys who make comments like I have not lost a disc in 2 yrs of playing...go to hell! OK can you tell I just walked in the door after losing a brand new $20 disc I'm a bit angry!!!! Thats like the 4th disc Ive lost this week!

well, keep your head up brotha! just think, if yu get out there during the spring melt off, your disc will still be there. But you should have used the string technique. I play snowshoe DG and thats the only thing that saves my ass, or at least my discs ass. If they had one.

well, keep your head up brotha! just think, if yu get out there during the spring melt off, your disc will still be there. But you should have used the string technique. I play snowshoe DG and thats the only thing that saves my ass, or at least my discs ass. If they had one.

What kind of ribbon and how long I can't believe I'm considering this! I'm gonna have my pretty bright discs with ribbons!!!!:eek:

Technically there was snow on the ground when I played today in the 20's.

For the winter I think I am going to play the local course which is on the short side and only bring a few discs with me. My drive has shortened in the cold and I think I will stick with the shorter course until it warms up again and hits 30's-40's. By leaving my bag behind I will be able to quicken up the pace of play and also work on shaping lines instead of switching discs.

1st time ever today. Not too bad but hand cold the whole time and needed extra towels to wipe off discs after every throw.

For the winter I think I am going to play the local course which is on the short side and only bring a few discs with me. My drive has shortened in the cold and I think I will stick with the shorter course until it warms up again and hits 30's-40's. By leaving my bag behind I will be able to quicken up the pace of play and also work on shaping lines instead of switching discs.

I am planning on doing the same thing. Thats why I just ordered myself a Spider Monkey from Gorilla Boy, even though I have a brand new Simian sitting under my girlfriends Christmas tree all wrapped up :D

To tell ya the truth, I also ordered it to take the edge off of waiting till Christmas to open the Simian. It's killing me seeing that big box wrapped up under the tree every day, knowing what waits inside it :doh:

I plan on using the Spider Monkey for my winter rounds, night rounds, and any other round where I don't want to carry 15+ discs with me. I am really excited to concentrate on working with just a few choice discs through the winter, and am excited about having a sweet pair of Gorilla Boy bags. The little guy will also come in handy during the summer when I take a friend out to play that has never played before. I can put a few beginner friendly discs in the Spider Monkey and let them have at it!

I enjoy playing in the snow, though I'd rather not if it is deeper than 6" not for the fear of losing a disc, but because it gets tiring walking through snow that is too deep.

I enjoy playing in the snow, though I'd rather not if it is deeper than 6" not for the fear of losing a disc, but because it gets tiring walking through snow that is too deep.

No joke. One time last year the snow was knee deep. By hole 16/24 the new rule was: look for your own discs. Not to be rude, it's just that a few extra steps took alot of energy

I was out today, its was in the 20s most of the time, to keep my hands warm i have one of those hand muffs like brett favre used to wear. Its nice, no gloves to lose, much warmer than gloves also, and you can throw while wearing it.

i played today in 3-4 inches of snow and i loved it! i left my bag at home and used only my bright orange flx buzz. it was 30 degrees out and i more than doubled my average score, but i also through with my gloves on half the time.

Man, I had to put on a jacket this morning. It was brutal. It was at least 60-62 degrees with some mud on the ground. Next thing you know I might have to put on pants.

I feel like such a jerk posting in these threads. But I guess the trade off is barely scratching out a living in one of the most expensive places in the US...

*backswing

I lived in Indiana for the last 5 years, and so I played probably a dozen rounds in the snow each of the last few winters, though there was rarely more than a few inches on the ground. This year I'm living in Chicago so I should have a chance to play in some deeper snow. I try not to let the weather stop me from playing, I just look at it as a different challenge, though the lack of afternoon/evening light does take away from my weekday rounds in the winter.

Latest posts