• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Often Do You Lose a Disc?

I lost 2 discs last year during field practice, of all things. One, a kid may have walked off with. The other, could still be embedded somewhere in a hedge.

In the last years Id lose at least 3-5, usually in water or deeeeeep rough and woods.

This year, Ive only lost two, a Pro Boss and a Champ Groove, which was about a week after being bought. Both seemed to land in the wide open, but I searched forever and neither showed up. Really frustrating when you get punished even though you had a decent at worst throw.

It depends on the courses I play. I haven't lost one all last season or this one yet. It's mostly because there aren't any blind pin locations from the pad or water hazards on the courses I've been throwing

Only one this year, but was an expendable disc. Was a tourney and the hole is all water that you have to carry 325 to clear with a gap 15 feet tall and 20 feet wide due to it being a peninsula with trees overhanging the water, needless to say I was a foot high coming in and the disc was 30ft out but they won't allow you to retrieve during the round because of time constraints. Could see it off the bank. Went back after the tound and someone had already waded out and got it.

Lost a bunch a few years ago throwing multiple shots and multiple molds trying to settle in on a bag. Only lost three last year, one so far this year. Water hazards seem to be the most consistent eater of discs (damn you Winthrop Gold).

I went the past year without losing one, and lost two in the last two days playing with <160 discs in Japan ^^ Why does the course designer make holes with thick woods on the right side ffs? ^^

A few a year, but they tend to come in clumps. I hadn't lost any in a while, but have lost three in the last month.

I find it funny that I have several discs from 2002 still in my bag but I can't help but lose two discs that I bought just a few months ago. Most of my discs have been lost to murky creek water.

I am usually good for losing 2-3 per year. However I had an awful day last Friday and lost my favorite Renegade in the water at Jones park hole 11 and then walked away from my backup Renegade after that. I am very disappointed that i did not get a call on the second as the State Games were being played there on Saturday. I guess I figured serious golfers would dial a local number to return a disc. Guess not.

I tend to lose two or three discs per year. Playing courses with sketchy and/or high-consequence roughs definitely adds to the burn rate (thick brush, cliffs, etc.). However, those tend to be the more fun courses to play!

I haven't had much luck with the honor system since I moved to Billings. (The return rate was definitely better when I played the city course in a college town and all of my discs offered a beer reward for calling!) I co call people when I find discs with their info, although a few times they have been elsewhere and told me to just keep their disc. Feels weird.

To be honest, not that many at all. In Southern California we don't really have any wooded areas where discs get lost. Not too many parks have water hazards either. I think the last one I lost was 4 or 5 years ago when I launched a Tee Bird over a wall at a small course in Carson that doesn't even exist any more.

I go through stretches, but lately it seems like I've been losing one every time I go out. It's been a very frustrating summer in that respect.

I lost 2 discs already this month at the same course (Trojan). I go through phases, but I generally lose 3-5 discs a year. I get super bummed when i lose a disc because it's usually in a water hazard where I know I can't get it back. I will stay for hours or even go back the next day when I know the disc can be found.

Been a while for me: not since last year. My accuracy has gotten so much better as my form has improved. I still griplock one occasionally, and that will be my next loss. Last year I lost about 5-6.

been quite a while. unless it goes into water i will find it. i look for more than an hour. i throw some expensive rubber. not losing rubber. lol

I seem to lose them in spurts. I had gone ~4 months before dumping 2 (same stupid pond, twin discs....don't ask) in April. Then all good until 2 weeks ago and I lost 2 in the same round (including my most beloved teebird - RIP). Hopefully that holds off the lost disc demons for a while now...

I went the past year without losing one, and lost two in the last two days playing with <160 discs in Japan ^^ Why does the course designer make holes with thick woods on the right side ffs? ^^

Where you playing? What did you lose?

Latest posts