• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How sustainable is the post-Covid boom?

Shallow hit on this a bit. All the bolded are currently sitting on the shoulders of the volunteer base, that the game was built upon. I have little to NO interest from younger and newer player to become involved in this model, in my area. There are some attempts to find a niche to make money, but those seem to be built on a TON of hard work or tapping the same volunteers.

In my region since COVID we have more new local DG YouTube channels than new TDs.

My long thought provoking post timed out and was lost.

Obviously I'm not commenting on all TDs, but with the full fields and long wait lists just saying there is a real temptation to just do the most basic of events.

and it could be detrimental to event growth.

Obviously I'm not commenting on all TDs, but with the full fields and long wait lists just saying there is a real temptation to just do the most basic of events.

I get this. Not a blanket statement, just your opinion (if not personal observation, locally).
Makes sense to me.

I get this. Not a blanket statement, just your opinion (if not personal observation, locally).
Makes sense to me.

Could certainly be a regional thing.

I don't see this around here, at all. IF anything, it has more to do with a newer breed of TD's, that see tournaments as a potentially money making, event promotion gigs. This started to become more prevalent before COVID, though. Not saying it is a bad thing either. Tournaments here are indeed filling, but most clubs are pressing to make their events the "go to" events. Offering better player packs, (more diverse, due to inability to gain easy access to plastic), better run events. Our club strives to ensure, if there is a post COVID downturn, we are the events that players want to attend. I think that is the way most clubs and TD see the current state.

Latest posts