• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to defeat Ricky Wysocki

Are you implying that those guys on the lead card of the final round have no idea what they shot out there? He should know what his score is before even looking at that piece of paper; he was trying to win? Besides, the first instance of incorrect scores actually was in Rick's favor by two strokes. In both cases though, when he added it up on the official card he should've caught it right away. He knew where he was at in respect to at least Paul. Rick either didn't care to pay attention or didn't care about the result.

It should be said though that Paul did say that he takes full responsibility for the card being wrong on his watch; even offered to pay him the difference in prize winnings Rick lost. (Which I believe was $250.)

It should be said though that Paul did say that he takes full responsibility for the card being wrong on his watch; even offered to pay him the difference in prize winnings Rick lost. (Which I believe was $250.)

Do you know who was keeping score in the other round mishap?

I believe that it was some other player's caddy, and he was European. The language barrier reportedly caused the error.

Language barrier ... really? Just about every singe European have no problem understanding English, except for older people

Language barrier ... really? Just about every singe European have no problem understanding English, except for older people

That's just how I heard it described, I'm thinking it was just the caddy mishearing Ricky.

Norway = Country in Europe??

Thanks for clarifying that all of Europe isn't Norway.

No problem. Wims just said that just about every single European had no problem understanding English. Which of course, is quite false.

From the gist of another thread, it seems that Mach X baskets would reduce Ricky to an incoherent, sobbing mess. :|

No problem. Wims just said that just about every single European had no problem understanding English. Which of course, is quite false.

Yep, he's wrong. But maybe he meant it as most Europeans know what "two" and "three" are, similar to how a lot of Americans know "dos" and "tres" but wouldn't say they understand Spanish. I totally get what your point was, just thought it was a little obvious. Sorry for being snarky!

Which ones don't? Oh oh, the British? While English isn't universal, it's pretty common, but still not the most used language. I bet the guy spoke Latin.

I think it is bad news for the rest of the field. Ricky had a bad tournament last weekend and only lost by a few strokes. I think an injury or a girl messing with his head may be the only way to stop him. Cannot wait until the next big tournament rolls around. It's shaping up to be another great year of watching the MPO beat up on each other. I think Ricky is the one to beat.

I think it is bad news for the rest of the field. Ricky had a bad tournament last weekend and only lost by a few strokes. I think an injury or a girl messing with his head may be the only way to stop him. Cannot wait until the next big tournament rolls around. It's shaping up to be another great year of watching the MPO beat up on each other. I think Ricky is the one to beat.

Please insert Eagle from AO, or Paul from some tournament last year. I think I'll save for retirement and not gamble all my savings on the Ricky is gonna win everything else bet at this time. Now Simon...

Ricky is great, but apparently the way you beat him is by having a Finnish caddy miss-score him on accident. Psst, Paul. You need to get a Finnish caddy. Trust me on this.

Just an observation in watching Waco & Memorial and some other earlier 2017 footage.

Ricky is really going away from his forehand, especially off the tee. Other than on obvious forehand friendly holes. Also, seems to have fallen in love with the backhand roller shot off the tee on many a lengthy hole, with predictably erratic results -- wooed by the 1-in-4 600' foot drives that stay IB.

Ricky had the game's best forehand last year.

Early trend but seems possible that we are seeing a bit of what we have seen in ball golf, whereby the "best" (Woods, McElroy, Spieth) seek further improvement in their long games in all cases to the detriment of their overall play.

Now, I understand that Ricky is still right on top (or a whisker away from ) of the leaderboard at these recent events. Still IMO more forehands and less backhand rollers will serve him better

Latest posts