• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Huk Lab is selling Star Katanas.

Wow. That's a freaking rip off. Screw them and their gay little symbol.

Geez. That's crazy. The Play It Again Sports stores here in Austin have some 2010 Worlds Star CFR Katana's for $22.99 & I thought that was a little pricey! :)

To be fair, all of their TriFly dyed discs are $15-20 more expensive than the retail price of the individual disc. This particular design is hand-dyed and is produced in small numbers, for collectors, supporters of the company, or team members. They are not charging those prices to make big profits or "screw the little guy", like a number of past and present posters on this forum have tried to do in the past. I don't currently own any of their dyes/discs, but hope to once I save up some money, because they look sweet flying through the air. :)

Jay (Huk Lab) is a great guy. Crazy expensive but on the flip side he is allways willing to send merch and/or money to sponsor events.

Did you buy one?

Yes Sir, I did (170g). Wish I had time to toss it today... I've only gotten to throw it in pretty dern cold conditions (last week), but from what I've seen so far I like it. It's SUPER fast & doesn't take a great throw to throw it far. I unloaded what I thought was a great drive w/ my beat 169 Star Destroyer & followed it up w/ a not so great drive w/ the Katana & my destroyer was only 10-15 feet in front of a poopy Katana toss... LOTS of potential.

My favorite store in Marietta, GA, is selling Star Katanas for $20. He had a bunch of Pro Katanas when they first came out, but those didn't last and I don't remember the price he had on them. Nice to know my local brick-and-mortar is cheaper than the internet. :D

I'm gonna hold out, i keep telling myself to hold out

Wow. That's a freaking rip off. Screw them and their gay little symbol.

Wow, that's quite a well spoken criticism that seems really thought out :clap: :thmbdown:

Huk Lab is a fantastic NW company, I can't always afford their goods but they're a great influence on local tournaments and Jay Harbour is a genuinely nice guy. I'm sure their tri-fly symbol indicates something about their sexual orientation... not.

My favorite store in Marietta, GA, is selling Star Katanas for $20. He had a bunch of Pro Katanas when they first came out, but those didn't last and I don't remember the price he had on them. Nice to know my local brick-and-mortar is cheaper than the internet. :D

was that store disc caddie on the square?

Wow, that's quite a well spoken criticism that seems really thought out :clap: :thmbdown:

Huk Lab is a fantastic NW company, I can't always afford their goods but they're a great influence on local tournaments and Jay Harbour is a genuinely nice guy. I'm sure their tri-fly symbol indicates something about their sexual orientation... not.
Jay was very kind to us at our tournament.

attachment.php

I'm still going to stand by my O.P. $50=ugg. I got mouths to feed.

Last edited:

Maybe he meant gay as in "happy"....(see below)

:) <"GAY"!

Screw them and their "happy" little symbol!

Wow.... He hooked it up with the windfeather....
We got a great deal on payout stuff from Jay...plus he was just a really nice guy.

The windblade just was just a nice touch. ;)

If anybody wants to scrape that lake there is a ton of plastic there.

i decided to get a trifly dye disc last night with a GC i got for christmas. i couldn't figure out how to use it on their website during checkout, so i sent them an email. i got a response <1 minute later, telling me to give them a call. it was 730pm on the west coast at the time. so i called and 3 minutes later, my order was filled and he said they'd ship it out today, priority mail. and for my "trouble", they waved the shipping fee. that's pretty decent customer service, if you ask me.

We got a great deal on payout stuff from Jay...plus he was just a really nice guy.

The windblade just was just a nice touch. ;)

If anybody wants to scrape that lake there is a ton of plastic there.
Could I have used the word "just" a few more times in that post?

I am not multitasking well today.

Latest posts