• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Huntsville Alabama

jack straw

Bogey Member
I will be in Huntsville for a soccer tournament next week and hope to get in a few rounds of dg. I will have my kids with me so would prefer suggestions of a fun course rather than one that will inflict pain after a long day of standing in the sun.
If you're familiar with the Charlotte courses it would be Reedy or Hornets Nest rather than Rennaisance or Nevin.

Mastin Lake is probably your best bet. It fairly short and technical. Most holes range from 200-250 ft. There is also Brahan Spring Park; also short and very technical. The other courses in Huntsville are good courses but they are pretty long and mostly open.

Play Brahan Springs. Short holes in an old pine forest with little to no undergrowth, very well maintained. Mastin Lake is a jungle this time of year, as is Monte Sano, but still quite fun and well shaded. Indian Creek and UAH are very long, challenging courses with little shade.

Played them both on my Rocket City tour. Brahan is a piece of history with short holes through very mature pines on level ground. I enjoyed Mastin more. Its also in the woods, but has more variety.

Thanks for the recomendations. I had fun relaxing rounds at Brahan Springs and Flying Dragon in Decatur.

Latest posts