• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hurting the game

on any forum u go on theres gonna be those trolls that feel like they need to make you feel stupid. probably cause there losers in there own right and being a dick on the internet is the only place they can feel tough. most people on here are very nice

I love how this was posted by the guy that came into my Aaron Rodgers playing disc golf with veterans thread just to talk s**t on Aaron Rodgers. Perfect example of how people act on the Internet (and in real life, actually). Complaining about one thing while talking out the other side of their mouth.

It comes down to this: people USUALLY aren't trying to be rude. Sarcasm and thing like that cant be projected across a keyboard. Secondly, many people in life, when they become part of some wort of niche activity, instantly thing they are an expert. They hear a piece of advice somewhere and just start tossing it around as if it were fact and firmly believe it al much that anyone who disagrees immediatley becomes an idiot.

Because throwing only putters your first year ia TERRIBLE advice. I guarentee you if a new player took that to heart they would quit the game withing three months. Bwcuase its boring. Its useless. It wont make them a better player, because they don't have a y sort of form down yet, so they don't have the mind-muscle connection yet to reap the benefits of throwing something like a putter only rpund

But that's just one example of terrible advice. There will be posters coming after me with pitchforked over that, because the missed the entire point of this post.

Last edited:
All I have to say is, if you wanna see "rudeness" over people asking dumb questions.... go over to a forum I frequent.. www.therealtechn9ne.com. If you make a thread over there complaining about how "rude" the members are, you'll get flamed even harder. As I previously stated, DGCR is a saint compared to other forums. Hell, there's even a thread here dedicated to asking "stupid noob" questions.

I don't remember signing a "I promise to be bland and a good citizen" pledge when I joined DGCR.

Some people have skin so thin it's a wonder that they are able to leave the house.

I don't remember signing a "I promise to be bland and a good citizen" pledge when I joined DGCR.

Some people have skin so thin it's a wonder that they are able to leave the house.

It's just that your sense of humor is so poor, people don't get that you're trying to be funny.

;)

It still amazes me how many adults use 'their, there, and they're' incorrectly.

I'm a TA for English 201 at my college. I do my best to not scream at some of the students who make this mistake constantly in their work. I mean, it's English 201 for god sakes. A Sophomore English class should not be doing that.

^ Let it slide. Anybody who has Bubbles as their avatar is alright in my book.

Judging by the way he types and the way he talks.. I don't think it's Bubbles... I have a feeling it's a picture of him dressed like Bubbles, and he's going 30 in a 60.

I'm curious. On other sites the Mods would delete posts like these. I know mods here do edit at times, they did a good job recently with a report I made. That thread is still on going with the dumb posts removed.

Why don't the mods do this more often?

Us mods are just forum users who volunteer to help out. There's no way we see everything, so without people reporting stuff that's out of line we can't really do much about it.

I agree that the crappy attitudes and general a hole type of aura that this site exudes is much different than what you actually encounter when on the course. The interweb does a great job of creating cyber bad asses and know it alls.

This board is about as civil as any I've ever participated on for more than a month or two. Mainly good folks here, at least in the threads i read.

So many boards are dominated by a few bullies and all their toadies competing to join the inner circle. Not here. :clap:

Depending on what type of interface your using to accessed site you can't use the search function.. I mainly use my Samsung galaxy note 2.0... when I hit the search tab the window drops.. when I try to highlight the field to type my inquiry the window just vanishes... people should be a little more open minded before just jumping on someone's back when they're just asking for help anyway.. I agree with the op it wouldn't hurt anyone on here to be a little more civil... this country was founded with a vision of tolerance.. which unfortunately included stupidity and ignorance

I just got a PM from the game, it said it was a little sore but it wasn't really hurt. It assured me it would be okay.

I do not use the search function of this site...instead, I use the following format when using Google:

jump putts site:dgcoursereview.com

Most, if not all, search engines have advanced settings.

Does that work? I can never find what i'm looking for with the search engine, but I don't usually look for info just discs in marketplace! Thanks Abyrd you are a kind soul and tops in my books! Tallly Ho Gent

Users have an obligation to do things too - it's rude (maybe not super-rude, but still rude) to post the same old topic and not even try to search.

This site isn't bad as far as forums go.

P.S. I use Google almost exclusively. I just sometimes have to remember it can't see in the VIP forums.