• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HyzerBomb Squib Review

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
Was aware you could get these bags on Amazon cheaper and with Prime membership it would have been free shipping for me but I wanted to support Hyzer Bomb and try out their service.

Here's my thoughts on the bag having just got it in the mail.

I want to say first the service was great. I ordered late afternoon last Thursday and the bag shipped on Friday. I emailed Wes on Wednesday morning to see when it had shipped so I knew when to expect it. I got a prompt response and was told today, Friday at the latest. That's good service to me and I will be happy to order from Hyzer Bomb again. Thanks, Wes.

On to the bag.

152m450.jpg

I love the bright red color and the Hyzer Bomb logo is quality stitched and looks great. I also got a large quality sticker for my back windshield. Again, thanks Wes. I love free stickers.

The sling strap is easily adjustable to a beefy man's size and I was able to fit my G2x Android smart phone in the removable phone pocket on the strap. It might be snug on an Iphone but if you have an Iphone it serves you right. Any MP3 player should easily fit and it's got little openings at the bottom if you needed to thread headphones through it which is cool. Strap feels strong enough to wear good.

Main disc pocket

11qsjzs.jpg

This is with six fairway/distance drivers. As I suspected an Innova accordian style divider will be needed to make it not rattle around and to keep them somewhat organized. Anyone got a used one I can buy off you cheap or better yet trade some plastic for?

The coolest thing about this sling bag is you can just leave it on and turn the strap to get immediate access to the main and other pockets. This is a big thing for me I can play a lot more holes if I've got a light bag I can keep wearing and not lay down all the time.

Secondary/Midrange pocket

a4oj86.jpg

I like this pocket it's the perfect size for a few discs and they won't need a divider. I got a Ti Buzzz, Z Wasp, and the Yeti Pro Aviar in there for this pic. It could easily take another putter and mid and still be comfy but I'm going for light on this bag.

Putter Pocket?

296kftg.jpg

I'm reluctant to call this a putter pocket but you can use it for that I guess. I tried a ProD Zone in there since it's small but still couldn't zip it up. If you leave it open you can fit a single average size putter in it. Here's the Yeti looking suave in it.

I don't think I'll use this for a putter pocket. Probably some sunscreen, maybe a flashlight, a mini, etc. The keychain clip is in here and another cell phone/lighter pocket.

Other Pockets and Drink sleeve

Here's where the bag disappoints. You didn't think this was all rainbows and lollipops did you?

The drink sleeve is tiny. At best you can fit a slim 16oz plastic water bottle in it. A 12 oz can maybe but it's really not stretchable and it's slim so good luck. I was hoping my 24oz water bottle would work but it won't. I knew a 32oz Nalgene was out of the question before ordering.

The pocket opposite the drink holder side has a cheaper and crappier zipper than the beefy main pocket zippers. I had issues with it and won't probably use it. You could fit a 12 oz can in there or maybe a small UV flashlight for glow rounds if you wanted.

Wrap Up

For $24 plus shipping I feel very happy with what I got. I got a good sling bag that supports a cool disc golf company that should last me at least a few years if I treat it ok. Overall I'm very happy with it. If I was to give it a grade I would say B maybe B+ It really has all you want but two things, a decent drink sleeve, and a main compartment designed to hold discs. If a company in the future were to swap out a few zippers, stitch in a divider, offer a drink holder option, and maybe a few other little things, this bag would easily be worth fifty bucks.

I got the same bag from Disc Jock. It's an OK bag if you want to throw 6-9 discs in it for a quick and light round after work or something. Any more than that and it just feels weird on the lower back because they all pool at the bottom and clunk together akwardly. Right now it's been hijacked by my wife as a new diaper bag (which it works amazing for, by the way, lol). But with no frame or real support, you can't load it up with extras or it gets floppy. Love the strap though.

Nice review!

I appreciate your top notch service.

throwfromthewoods- I've found that the bag hangs up high and comfortable if you adjust the strap to be tight enough. It certainly hangs up higher on my back then the full size bag and quad shock straps I use most rounds.

throwfromthewoods- I've found that the bag hangs up high and comfortable if you adjust the strap to be tight enough. It certainly hangs up higher on my back then the full size bag and quad shock straps I use most rounds.

I was referring more to when you set it down. Maybe it's because I live in the weather sinkhole that is Central, NY. The bag kind of just sags and falls forward into the dirt. But again, I'm not trying to tear down the bag. It's not a bag built for DG. For just over $20 it's great. It will be an interesting DIY project.

I was referring more to when you set it down. Maybe it's because I live in the weather sinkhole that is Central, NY. The bag kind of just sags and falls forward into the dirt. But again, I'm not trying to tear down the bag. It's not a bag built for DG. For just over $20 it's great. It will be an interesting DIY project.

ah yeah I see what you were saying. When you set it down it is completely bottom heavy. They just don't sit right in that main pocket but I hope with a divider that problem will be fixed.

ah yeah I see what you were saying. When you set it down it is completely bottom heavy. They just don't sit right in that main pocket but I hope with a divider that problem will be fixed.

I would even cut out some corrugated plastic for the bottom to put the divider on for some stability. Until I try it, I'm not sure what would work better, angling the divider towards the zipper opening with a wedge of some kind in the back of the compartment or actually cutting the divider at an angle so you can reach in and get them easier. The main zipper doesn't go very far up on the bag.

Can you throw with it on? That would put that issue to bed. The canvas messenger bag my sister mocked up for me holds 7 and is pretty comfy to throw with but I usually hang it up for drives off the pad.

Can you throw with it on? That would put that issue to bed. The canvas messenger bag my sister mocked up for me holds 7 and is pretty comfy to throw with but I usually hang it up for drives off the pad.

I guess that depends on what you are comfortable throwing with on you. I personally can't throw a drive or driver with anything on me not even my NutSac bag. With this bag I would easily be able to putt with it on if I wanted and even short to medium range upshots would be doable but that's about it. Until I can find a way to secure the main pocket discs I won't play with it on. It may even need more of a frame like he suggested above. I'm going to update here once I'm done modding it. I like those type of things. I have an InStep basket I've put another forty bucks into and customized. I love it.

I would even cut out some corrugated plastic for the bottom to put the divider on for some stability. Until I try it, I'm not sure what would work better, angling the divider towards the zipper opening with a wedge of some kind in the back of the compartment or actually cutting the divider at an angle so you can reach in and get them easier. The main zipper doesn't go very far up on the bag.

yeah a frame of some sorts might be needed and that main zipper isn't wide but If I'm pulling them out with bag on turned around I think it will work. Problem might be once I turn it back around on my back will they stay in the divider or flop out in the pocket? Guess I'll find out :D

Got the divider I was looking for, thanks Tha Govna, and put it in. Haven't attached it in anyway but the velcro strips should work fine. It already carries them in that pocket 300% better.

14tyq1v.jpg

I've thrown upshots and putts with the bag on my back and it does quite well. I still don't plan on doing that outside of about 100 feet though.

The zipper I had problems with from the beginning is still a problem. It seperates often but I've found with it completely open it I can stuff a Nalgene 32oz water bottle in there so I've decided I will have to rig that pocket to make it secure.

I still feel like my money was well spent and it's a good project for modifications.

Got the divider I was looking for, thanks Tha Govna, and put it in. Haven't attached it in anyway but the velcro strips should work fine. It already carries them in that pocket 300% better.

I've thrown upshots and putts with the bag on my back and it does quite well. I still don't plan on doing that outside of about 100 feet though.

The zipper I had problems with from the beginning is still a problem. It seperates often but I've found with it completely open it I can stuff a Nalgene 32oz water bottle in there so I've decided I will have to rig that pocket to make it secure.

I still feel like my money was well spent and it's a good project for modifications.

Is that divider in sideways? I haven't had the chance to do anything with mine because my wife still has it appropriated as a diaper bag, lol.

Also, maybe you could cut off the side half of the side pocket with the crappy zipper (mine sticks too, but hasn't separated). Cut across the pocket from zipper-to-zipper, kind of leave it open-topped. You'd have to stitch up the material where you cut though to make sure it doesn't fray, or protect it somehow. That may make it a better holder option than the mesh one on the side.

I just ordered one of these, thanks for the review. Im pretty excited about it, the divider looks like a good idea. How much did it cost you?

I'm glad you got good service, I've heard nothing but good things from them in that department. Which is why I am surprised that I've messaged them twice about ordering a flak and have had no response. I found a guy that might sell me his used bag so I guess that's good. Oh well.

Anyway, good review, I enjoyed reading that. Thanks!

I put the divider straight down in the pocket. That main pocket is wide but not a big opening. Still was big enough to fit the divider in though. If I turned it vertical you'd get better balance and a bag not so top heavy but it would become very thick. Too thick for me. The only way I could work that is to take the mids out of the secondary pocket and only carry six. That would give me no extra capacity over my Nutsac bag so this is how I'll roll with the Squib for now. I get a comfortable low profile slingbag that holds enough discs for most rounds. Just what I wanted.

The divider cost me one slightly used Z Xpress. I didn't want to fork over money and Tha Govna was kind enough to get a good disc for a divider he wasn't using. Win-win. The cheapest I've found new ones for purchase online is from Dynamic Discs, $7.50 Every other retailer wants $10 I'm actually considering buying three new ones and using them in my Innova Discarrier.

throwfromthewoods- I'm still evaluating my best option for converting that pocket into a drink carrier. There are a few ways I could do it but since the bottom has that ring for moving the strap from side to side I think I might use that to tie off a bungee type strap. I'll figure it out and update as I do more to the bag.

JeCroisQue-strange you didn't get a reply on the email. Hopefully the HB team see that and get back to you.

I'm glad you got good service, I've heard nothing but good things from them in that department. Which is why I am surprised that I've messaged them twice about ordering a flak and have had no response. I found a guy that might sell me his used bag so I guess that's good. Oh well.

the guys at HB take a cpl days to get back sometimes..i believe there are only 2 of them but i cld be wrong..

Maybe the email hit our spam, all of our current emails have been replied to and have been. I will shoot you a PM here just in case.

Just got one of these off a trade (one of my friends wanted 2 of my medium anodes so I told him to order one of these for me in return for them) and i'm pretty happy with it. Got the grey/silver one and the only complaint is the water bottle holder, but I attached my current bottle with an S hook and i'm pretty happy. Zero problems with the putter pocket, my soft Anode fits perfectly.

Latest posts