• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I could beat Paul Macbeth if........

If he tried to retrieve his disc from an alligator on the first hole...

27NXezR.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some odds for beating McBeth based on Player Ratings for winning one round:
Player Rating 1000 = 1 in 12
Player Rating 950 = 1 in 100
Player Rating 900 = 1 in 25000

I'd say I have a 25% chance if I get to pick his "discs".

Drive with a paper plate (I might be generous and let him use Chinet), upshots with a trash can lid, putting with a Tupperware lid.

If I had Ricky's skills with Craig Kimbrells nerves.

Thanks to Ian and the gang for giving us these awesome rounds. This is what happens when you try and beat Paul. :thmbup:

I'm trying to figure out what par has to do with it.
headscratch.gif

I was thinking we were talking score over or under par to win. So if he has to play every hole as a par 2, that takes away most of his birdies and he finishes more around even.

Really, for a par 54 course, it'd be more like he started out at +18 before the round started. Perhaps that's how I should have worded it, although I was more referencing he has to play par 4 and 5's as par 2's as well.

Another way to look at it is, for a par 54 course, my +/- par total is relative to the 54 strokes, while his +/- total would be relative to only 36 strokes. I worded my answer my way because I'd contend if we're playing a par 61 course, my +/- score is relative to 61 strokes, while his is still relative to 36 (Or him starting the round at +25, if you want to ignore what I said about par). We wouldn't be playing fewest strokes, but rather score relative to par.

Hopefully I made that confusing enough :D:D:D

I was thinking we were talking score over or under par to win.

No, least throws win.

Those CCDG vids are hillarious :) Really enjoyed watching them. Next time maybe pick the chomps team so that you have 1 good putter, 1 good approacher and 1 good driver or something. You know, instead of having 3 900 rated players have one with 1000 rated drives but 750 rated putts and vice versa. Maybe you have a little bit more of a chance that way. (Probably not though ^^)

This is the exchange that Paul and I had way back when. Glad that thread is still alive. Any time you have the world champ among us is pretty cool. Wish he would post here more often, even if just to say "Do you still think you could hang with me for 6-8 holes?" LOL.

(If the course was Nims, yes. :D:D )

While you work on your 10,000 post, he's actually out playing disc golf.

This is the exchange that Paul and I had way back when. Glad that thread is still alive. Any time you have the world champ among us is pretty cool. Wish he would post here more often, even if just to say "Do you still think you could hang with me for 6-8 holes?" LOL.

(If the course was Nims, yes. :D:D )

Yeah well dgcr ran him off. Because we ruin everything

How about this, he can only use one disc we get to pick what it is. I would think that you would need to pick an extreme disc, crazy overstable or understable. I would think a crazy overstable distance driver may be tough to use when getting close to the basket. Realistically, he would beat a decent player by one or two strokes per hole using a full bad so maybe using one disc would add the strokes.