• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] I loathe you!

The Monarch. "Beginner Driver" my foot. This thing went 50' and crashed. Really put me off disc golf at the beginning.

I actually liked the Wolf when I started. If I had no idea what to throw, how to make a shot, or how to get out of a trouble spot, I'd grab the Wolf. Somehow, it found it's way close to the pin more times than not. Freak of nature that disc was.

No I'm comparing discs and mvp's arn't anything special
Nor is CE plastic, barstamp Buzzzs, 11x Teebirds, or pre flight number anything that guys on this site love to slurp each other for owning. The simple fact is that it's all about what works for you, and fanbois ranting back and forth about Innova vs MVP won't change that. For me MVP makes some discs that work better than anything I've tried from Innova, DC, Lat, etc... In other slots in my bag I either have discs that work so well I'm not auditioning replacements, or I haven't liked what MVP has to offer. Regardless, throw what works, but there's no need to turn this into ANOTHER "pile on MVP" thread. I really get tired of the fanbois waving their discs at each other...:doh:

Then why are their fans so rabid? Why do we buy all their discs? Why do I keep seeing MVP discs more and more all over the course?

Face it, Innova is the Death Star and MVP is Luke Skywalker. :popcorn:
Innova makes some great molds, and it would be a shame to lose any of the major mfg's (including the one I hate). Don't dignify the ignorant by getting into a pissing match with them.

I hate found discs - other people's. They're a PITA. But then someone returns one of my disc and I feel obligated to re-contact everyone who wanted their disc back, but didn't follow up to retrieve their disc.

Then why are their fans so rabid? Why do we buy all their discs? Why do I keep seeing MVP discs more and more all over the course?

Face it, Innova is the Death Star and MVP is Luke Skywalker. :popcorn:

The Knicks have religious fans but that doesn't mean they are good.

I have one of the older "special edition" ESP Comets that's a domey POS. I bought 3 of them when I found them, thinking they were going to be the goods. But I can't throw domey mids at all, and it made these things so unpredictable. Lost 2, still have one that haunts me.

I also really don't care too much for the Alias. It's like part Envy, part Tangent, and proves that two amazing parents can still breed a piece of crap offspring.

Are you sure because the Yankees aren't very good right now either? :p

LOL, touche. I couldn't come up with a better extention to your metaphor on the fly.

Although how about this. I'm one of the wierdos that can't stand Rocs, and I don't like Teebirds very much either.

I do think Rocs are drastically overrated, but I freely admit that my Teebird thing is simple prejudice. I can say I don't like them knowing they aren't bad discs.

DX Wolf. I hated it, so I gave it to my 7 year old to throw. He hates it, even though he thinks the stamp is cool.

Zeppelin. These turn and burn so bad for me anymore they should have named them the Hindenburg. My kids love them, though, so I really didn't waste the $4 I spent for them.

Tye Dye in the summer
White discs in the winter.
I warn people that pull that crap out of their bag that they will be looking solo(unless its a sanctioned event)

GTFO. EVERYONE has atleast one mvp disc in their repertoire.

29 years and no MVP in my bag. Tried a few and never found anything bag-worthy.

Two locals in area swear by them. They should probably be drug tested. :p

Zeppelin. These turn and burn so bad for me anymore they should have named them the Hindenburg. My kids love them, though, so I really didn't waste the $4 I spent for them.
lulz

Just over a year or so ago some friends and I were playing at Watson Lake with a group of strangers and one of the guys pulled out a disc of unknown make that had a swastika dyed on it. A friend of mine bought it from him for $20, turned and threw it in the deepest part of the lake. If I ever came close to hating a disc, it was then.

Tye Dye in the summer
White discs in the winter.
I warn people that pull that crap out of their bag that they will be looking solo(unless its a sanctioned event)

29 years and no MVP in my bag. Tried a few and never found anything bag-worthy.

Two locals in area swear by them. They should probably be drug tested. :p

I was being slightly sarcastic, but yes I understand to each his own. I don't know about all this gyro jibber jabber, I Just know my volt is fun to throw.

Domey Rocs.

I love flat as a board Glow DX Ranchos. I've bought many a replacement advertised as flat that all had way more shoulder than my go to Roc. It's not about the flight so much as how they sit in my grip. The super flatty just naturally sits the way I want it to; whereas the slightly domey ones always sit at an odd angle and require some maneuvering.

Just over a year or so ago some friends and I were playing at Watson Lake with a group of strangers and one of the guys pulled out a disc of unknown make that had a swastika dyed on it. A friend of mine bought it from him for $20, turned and threw it in the deepest part of the lake. If I ever came close to hating a disc, it was then.

This is fantastic.

... I also really don't care too much for the Alias. It's like part Envy, part Tangent, and proves that two amazing parents can still breed a piece of crap offspring.

This is completely true.

I also hate my Amp, and love/hate my Zombees.

Loathe is a strong word, but...

I genuinely dislike most baseline plastics. The graphics and affordability are great for beginners but in my personal experience most discs loose their stability and become unpredictable after only a few tree hits.

Although many folks on this site and at the local course like some of the newer companies, I don't understand why Prodigy is valued so much. No worries - I haven't discounted them yet, but still trying to understand what the rage is all about.

I can't get into warp-speed drivers either. I know that's because I don't have the arm to make them work effectively, but it seems like these types of discs flood the market when companies could be putting effort into more worthwhile endeavors.

The last item I'll metion is any disc design with an overmold...can't get into them. I believe MVP has it figured out and the design is really clever. Innova's overmolds feel uncomfortable for me. I'm always afriad the edge will catch my hand and can't seem to get a clean release on these.

Latest posts