• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] I need a disc that will finish right

So I throw RHBH because my flick is atrocious, and I need a disc that is gonna fly straight and then finish right. I have a beat in valkerie that I can turn over but only if I throw it high. I'm really looking for something I can throw on a straight low line that will finish right

learn to flick

in the meantime grab a fury if you want like a meat hook to the right.

gstarrr sidewinder wont turn as far right as the fury but you will have way more control with it. i got crazy controlled lateral movements out of mine

I try to flick and I just can't release it consistently. I this a good one about 1 out of every 10 throws, and by good I mean it comes out flat and flys about 100 ft straight then dies off. I just can't get distance with it

A Roadrunner or Mamba might work.

I had the same problem, in the end I gave up the search and just learned to side arm. I don't have a great side arm, but now it's better than the unpredictability of errant right turn and glides.

just throw a slower disc. this stuff should be obvious if youve actually thrown discs before.

th

I wanted something for this slot in a midrange. I picked up the tursas and it filled the spot perfectly. It will fly about 300 ft on a hyzer flip. Obviously watch the flashing but if it doesn't have any its awesome. That disc has changed my game since I can't flick anymore due to an elbow injury.

I use a beat up KC roc, pro valk or a dx/pro leopard, depending on the distance and the height I have available. I too have problems with flicking, at least with my normal hand. I throw perfectly fine RHBH and LHFH, but can barely throw LHBH or RHFH.

It depends on how far you want to throw. I usually go with a Leopard or RoadRunner for the shot you described if I'm throwing RHBH.

My MVP Tangent does this shot for me every time. It's great. When new, it wasn't as under stable, but after a few tree strikes, perfect right finish.

I have similar trouble with a forehand. I have developed a great roller to finish right. Something you might want to practice. As for the flip to flat finish right newbie disc an Archangel.

Preferably something that flips to flat and then finishes right

You understand that the shear dynamics of throwing a disc with clockwise spin will always finish left, right? Throw a paper plate RHBH, and it will finish left. The trick is finding the correct combination of weight to understableness for your arm speed. That will result in a right flying disc, but still, all RHBH finish left.